Thread: Tricaster 860 3Play 425 and camera 3

Question Tricaster 860 3Play 425 and camera 3

I have the oddest problem and it is happening on both of my tricasters. From time-to-time, camera 3 goes black. Now, normally I'd attribute this to the camera connection to the SDI cable. But, and here is where it gets weird, camera 3 still shows up in 3Play. A power cycle of the camera restores it to the Tricaster. But, sometimes, it goes away again. So, to review, camera 3 comes into the Tricaster which, in turn, feeds into 3Play. Camera 3 goes black in the Tricaster but is still available as camera 3 in 3Play. And, just to add to the mystery, this happens to me on both of my Tricasters. Anyone ever seen this before? Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks!

How are you splitting the cameras between 3PLAY and TriCaster?

If you connect that SDI going into input 3 to a different input, does the issue follow?

Perhaps try a loopback test, connect SDI output of TriCaster into SDI input 3 and see if that has any problems.

Trying to figure out if the SDI input 3 always has the issue or if it is something that follows that source.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Are you using auto-detect for the format? If so, maybe try explicitly defining the source format?

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Hi Everyone:

So, we had a hoops game last night... not a problem all night. Never had any issues with the camera. Will keep you all posted. Next time it goes out, will try to switch SDI cable from source 3 to source 4 to see what happens.

Happy Turkey!