Thread: After a move to Chile, TriCaster cannot see Camera 1

After a move to Chile, TriCaster cannot see Camera 1

Hi all.
    I just moved (to Chile).
    I had a Tri-Caster HD-4 that seemed to work in the US. I broke my system down, put it in boxes, and shipped. I am just now re-assembling my system (six months later).
    It is the same HDMI camera, and the same cable, but my HD-4 can't find my HDMI camera (Canon HF-S10).
    On the camera onboard menu, with the HDMI cable attached, there was a strange flicker on two different entries, "Component Output" and "Control for HDMI." Nothing else flickered.
    I could not alter the status on Component Output or Control for HDMI, so I swapped out that camera (Camera 1) for my spare HF-S10 ("Camera 2"). No change.
    The camera power supply is rated 110-240V, so it should be ok. But just in case, I put a 220V-110V step-down transformer in between the wall and the camera power supply. The issue persists.
    When I disconnected the HDMI cable from the camera, the strange flickering stopped. That makes me suspect the video card.
    The camera shows up on a monitor (no problem), but TriCaster cannot see either camera.
    Can you please advise?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazarene View Post
    Hi all.
    I just moved (to Chile).
    I had a Tri-Caster HD-4 that seemed to work in the US. I broke my system down, put it in boxes, and shipped. I am just now re-assembling my system (six months later).
    It is the same HDMI camera, and the same cable, but my HD-4 can't find my HDMI camera (Canon HF-S10).
    On the camera onboard menu, with the HDMI cable attached, there was a strange flicker on two different entries, "Component Output" and "Control for HDMI." Nothing else flickered.
    I could not alter the status on Component Output or Control for HDMI, so I swapped out that camera (Camera 1) for my spare HF-S10 ("Camera 2"). No change.
    The camera power supply is rated 110-240V, so it should be ok. But just in case, I put a 220V-110V step-down transformer in between the wall and the camera power supply. The issue persists.
    When I disconnected the HDMI cable from the camera, the strange flickering stopped. That makes me suspect the video card.
    The camera shows up on a monitor (no problem), but TriCaster cannot see either camera.
    Can you please advise?
    Thanks.
    I try to run updates on Advanced Edition #3 repeatedly.
    During updates, Setup - NewTek TriCaster XD says, "Error : The hardware was not detected."
    I run Updates repeatedly. TriCaster ADV3 Upgrade says "Installed: 191008, Available 191008". This does not change with repeated attempts.
    Virtual Set Editor upgrade says "Installed: 180201, Available: 190930." This does not change with repeated attempts.
    Animation Store Creator says, "Installed: 180201, Available 190930." (Same numbers as VSE). This does not change with repeated attempts.
    Can you please advise?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Nazarene; 11-26-2019 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Say it better.

The Virtual Set Editor or Animation Store Creator version numbers are not the issue.

However, the 'Error: The hardware was not detected.' is worrysome. It sounds like the unit might of gotten banged around a bit in shipping? I'd contact support to see what they recommend with this error message.

http://new.tk/support
    Last edited by kanep; 11-27-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks, Kane. No, I hand-carried it on the plane in a padded Pelican case, and super-babied it every step of the way.
    I just wrote tech support. They gave me a test procedure, and it failed. They say it is the IO board, and has to go in for repair.

Are you still under warranty? If not, pop the top and make sure that the boards are firmly seated. It had a long journey and sat for 6 months, anything could have happened.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Stream, that is a good idea. Thanks.

Well, we had to send it to Santiago for repair. They said the I/O board is bad. They wanted $2500 to replace it. But given the fact that my TriCaster has never been stable, I decided it is not worth it. So frustrating. I was so excited that TriCaster would be a good product, but without any doubt, hands down, this is one of the worst purchase experiences I have ever had. And no one at NewTek seems to care beyond muttering a few platitudes. I am very sorry to have to say it, but just to be responsible, I will have to warn everyone who asks to try a different brand. Too bad. I was excited to be a loyal NewTek customer for life.