Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: See How The Mandalorians Groundbreaking Stagecraft Technology Probably Works

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    making a night-sky in the ceiling would be Uber Awesome!   
    Thats too modest, I would open up the outer space to get the feeling of traveling through universe, fly by the largest stars there is with massive solar flares, in to a nebula, and other cosmic events.

But then again..the simplest little things, I was thinking of lying outside on the balcony looking up, but all I would see is dark gloomy thick cloud cover, and ice cold rain, wouldnt survive the night.

I was thinking of lying outside on the balcony looking up, but all I would see is dark gloomy thick cloud cover, and ice cold rain, wouldnt survive the night.
    ...you forgot the mosquitoes.

.. .... . ... . .....
    . .... ... .. .. ...
    .... .. .... ... ... .

...lots of them.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

...you forgot the mosquitoes.

.. .... . ... . .....
    . .... ... .. .. ...
    .... .. .... ... ... .

...lots of them.
    Nah, if it's that cold and ice-cold rain, he'll die of hypothermia in an hour or so, worrying about any surviving mosquitos biting is a hat on a hat.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

sure, this time of year... soon tho'...

soon...

Last edited by erikals; 02-21-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Nah, if it's that cold and ice-cold rain, he'll die of hypothermia in an hour or so, worrying about any surviving mosquitos biting is a hat on a hat.
    Quite correct, the mosquitoes arent even hatched at this time, considering I was talking about the weather currently.
    Then again, this winter is kind of different and record breaking in warmth, some bushes and trees showing their seeds already...quite cold at night, but during day around 6-7 celsius plus degrees, and we havent had snow here in stockhoml at all this winter, and it usually is around -7- 12 at this time of the year..so that is a difference around 13 degrees...and that kind of happens every now and then, perhaps 4- 7 winters apart.

Plus 6 degrees celsius right now early morning, a slight rain and 84 percent humidity, feels like 1 degree though.
    Ill bet the winter will make some death twitches in the mid mars, and the snow will arrive then..and stay for a couple of weeks before dying out with the birth of spring.

Anyway...would be awesome to have a Led stage with so high quality it would simulate natural sunlight as well, I can imagin constructing my own house somewhere, some kind of dome construction..at least for the bedroom, and waking up in the middle of africa, or as in oblivion or the Bespin planet, among the clouds, or some fictionary scifi-valhalla temple with beautiful valkyrias in golden armours watching over you, or something along the line of rivendale, or the Galadriel forrest home.

But, if its gonna taste like that, its gonna cost...at least for the upcoming 30 years, might be another story 100-150 years from now, and it will probaly still be something for the "developed" countries.

Some are blessed to be living in "better climate and have better surroundings, which would be quite enough for enjoying what thy got...it doesnt pertain to my place and living though.

As for mosquitoes and bugs and virtual reality and surroundings, it all got me thinking about avatar again, and how they had to make a script killing of the bugs getting to close to camera, I think they used a particle or flocking system to create some flying bugs in there..but it produced to many of them covering the actual scene view so they had to adress that.

but it produced to many of them covering the actual scene view so they had to address that.
    zero problem really, in LightWave at least, just scale the instances based on distance to camera gradient.

but those companies often like to hype things, not saying that there aren't challenges in VFX production tho' absolutely not.

Ill bet the winter will make some death twitches in the mid mars
    might be, either spring or snow is welcome now. but this year, not sure... have never seen this little snow. 

Anyway...would be awesome to have a Led stage with so high quality it would simulate natural sunlight as well, I can imagin constructing my own house somewhere, some kind of dome construction..at least for the bedroom, and waking up in the middle of africa, or as in oblivion or the Bespin planet, among the clouds, or some fictionary scifi-valhalla temple with beautiful valkyrias in golden armours watching over you, or something along the line of rivendale, or the Galadriel forrest home.
    hah, that would be quite Awesome!  
    Last edited by erikals; 02-21-2020 at 10:30 PM.

zero problem really, in LightWave at least, just scale the instances based on distance to camera gradient.

Not sure of that though...I would think it could look odd with some bugs flying around to just shrink disappear.
    I would probably try out collision cage, or flocking deflector to surround the camera and set to a certain area around it, but you may still want a few bugs flying in front of the camera to some degree, so perhaps yet another group containing not so many bugs that would be allowed to pass through that colliding limiter around the camera.

sidenote, reading "Mandalorian Today"...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12