Thread: The Mandalorian

The Mandalorian

u should c it, check NetFlix.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Looks interesting, but is it Netflix or Disney Plus?

Disney poured a lot into this push to compete with Netflix, including motivating ILM to start a TV branch for this, thus the CG rivals movies. I think the second episode is better than most of the SW movies, where Famuyiwa is a better director (different directors on each episode). He and Favreau should takeover the franchise. They understand best how to balance the action with humor, character motivation and design, with respect for the mythos that hearkens back to the superior, first two movies, AND create merchandise bait, with a character so damn cute it caused even Werner Herzog to tear up on set. Some may notice a premise similarity to the comic-inspired Lone Wolf & Cub movies, better known in the States by the compressed, cult version, Shogun Assassin.
    Last edited by Mr Rid; 11-24-2019 at 01:49 AM.
    "O K, so what's the speed of dark?"

Demo reel 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOOixvRhcs4

ah, thought it was Netflix  

yes surely was Fantastic in regards to story and Vfx.

Stunning!  

and Yoda was mighty cool too.  

Just signed up for a 30-day trial to watch it.

The first thing that struck me was the main character has a lot of mannerisms that remind me of Clint Eastwood in Westerns, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the inspiration. He even sounds a bit like him. "I can take you in cold or I can take you in warm." LOL.

Loved the epic landscape shots with the hover craft blazing across the horizon. I could watch just that for an hour.

Favreau is an excellent director; I really enjoyed his work in Cowboys and Aliens, especially the opening sequence. I put him in the same category as Jonathan Demme and John Mc Tiernan, both directors whose work I admire a lot.

December is Saved!    

Disney+ has blocked several servers I use on my VPN, so alas I'm not able to watch it until I'm back in the States
    MacBook Pro
    2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9
    32GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536Mb

My opinion of the show is mixed. I like the premise (definately a space western/cowboy environment) so, it's setup for lots of action and great lines to be said. Visually it's nice. Characters are defined and it's a star wars universe.

I have a few moments where story felt a bit rushed (perhaps it's the time span of the episodes ) but, to me the second episode seemed too predictable about the going to the planet, meet the prospector, learn to ride a wild animal because "you'll need it to where we are goin" but the terrain didn't seem that bad and then why land your ship so far away that all these story elements needed to be put in when they really only seemed to be filler to get from A to B in the story and introduce the prospector character.

I did like seeing IG-88 fight though. Feels like good saturday episodial show like old buck rogers themed shows.
    It's better to have tried and failed, than to have failed to try.
    Patreon - www.patreon.com/ernesttx

IG-88 was just Tooo Cool...  

I like the show. Reminds me of the Goblin Slayer anime.