Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Chain Move or Chain Move 2 plugin still available?

Monroe thank you. I just watched the tutorials I will give it shot later. Thank you for putting that together.

Curve to spline

I three tutorials were great I got something close. One issue when I instanced the spline with the box it always jumped off to the side. Neither the box or beginning of the spline were at zero. It looked like that was something you were doing so I moved the box and beginning of spline to zero. It's coming along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtbfUrYGwtw

The simulation looks quite good so far. Yes, the pivot point of the object to be instanced will run down the spline. You'll notice in the modeling tutorial that the box is modeled with it's base on (0,0,0). If it was modeled 1 meter above (0,0,0) then it would travel 1 meter above the spline.

I've found it's better to create the Curve for the Spline starting at 0,0,0 as well, and then move it in Layout to the desired location.

Note that you can stretch, move and rotate the Spline, as well as moving the node(n) bones created by curve_to_spline. So, even if you didn't model the Curve as you want it originally, you may be able to modify in Layout to meet your needs.

mTp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12