Thread: Black screen on TC Mini

Black screen on TC Mini

So I just received two Tricaster minis for a customer. When I power them on, I watch windows boot up on the built-in display, I see the desktop, then I see the Tricaster load screen and then nothing. Display goes black but I can see the mouse cursor move around. If I attach an HDMI monitor, it too is black. This happens on both units. I reset one of them to factory defaults to no avail.

What the heck’s going on here? How does something like this slip past QA?

Probably you are connecting to the wrong graphic card. Make sure you are connected to nVidia (interface and multiview). If yes, try to update your nVidia driver.
    Daniel Choi
    Tricaster 460 AE2 - Tricaster 855 - Tricaster 455

What Daniel said. More specifically, looking at rear of unit, you want to use either of the graphic ports at lower right, NOT upper left.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

And there we go. A heads up would have been cool... like a sticker maybe... or even a little card packed in with the unit... something like...

"Hey, customer... We know it *seems* like a device that has a built-in display should function just by turning it on, but not this time, buddy!
    You have to plug in an HDMI monitor in order to see anything! And not into the "HDMI" port, as one would do on any other PC-based device--
    into this other port we added that is cryptically labeled "INTERFACE / MULTIVIEW".

We know. We suck.

Have fun!
    Love, NewTek"