Thread: Switching sources in M/E

Switching sources in M/E

So I've read there is a way to assign the T Bar transitions to an M/E by pressing the M/E / FTB button. That should allow me to transition within the M/E, but instead it only "zooms in" to whatever is layered in the M/E. For example, I have a graphic overlay with camera input sources. The graphic overlay is to remain on top the whole time. I'd like to transition to different camera sources while on the M/E instead of just cutting to them. When I press the M/E / FTB button, and move the T-Bar, it only zooms into the graphic overlay with the camera input source underneath. I know I'm missing something, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Using Tricaster TC-1
    Last edited by KWES_Mike; 11-21-2019 at 09:54 AM.

From Browser To Broadcast jmmultex's Avatar
    Wasn't aware of that functionality - do you have a reference to where that was described? Based on your description, I would set the M/E in 'Mix' mode and use it that way with the KEY for the M/E active and the sources you want to transition between in the A/B rows.

Let me know if I'm not understanding what you are trying to do.

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by jmmultex; 11-21-2019 at 11:09 AM.
    John Mahoney
    GNURAL NET, Inc.
    Trenton, NJ 08691

[email protected]
    http://www.gnuralnet.com

Gear:
    Gnural Net LiveToAir, TC1, TC1LP, MDS1, TC8000, Cameras: NDIHX-PTZ1, PTZ Optics ZCAM 20x

Just playing around and not sure if I'm right, but press both the DSK 1 and 2 buttons on the CS and have the proper M/E pressed in the Delegate row and see if that helps.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Quote Originally Posted by jmmultex View Post
    Wasn't aware of that functionality - do you have a reference to where that was described? Based on your description, I would set the M/E in 'Mix' mode and use it that way with the KEY for the M/E active and the sources you want to transition between in the A/B rows.

Let me know if I'm not understanding what you are trying to do.

Thanks,
    John
    Thanks for your response. I don't know how to set the M/E in "Mix" mode. Maybe that's the issue?

Thank you for your response. I've tried pressing both buttons and choosing the M/E delegate, but when I try the T-Bar it zooms into the composite image.

Load a transition effect (such as a Fade) into the M/E, rather than a "LiveSet" effect.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Load a transition effect (such as a Fade) into the M/E, rather than a "LiveSet" effect.
    I'll try that! I'm away from the TC1 at the moment, but I'll try that tomorrow. Thank you for your response!