Thread: TC8000 M/E follow preview - broken?

TC8000 M/E follow preview - broken?

I just updated to the latest release and now the CS no longer follows the m/e punches on preview like it did before. It changes in the interface, but not the CS. I can change to the different m/e's on the stripe with the modifier keys. Selected "follow pvw" as well - no joy

What did I miss?

Anyone? Is this a bug or is it some new "feature"?
    @kanep

What version do you do from/to? If this was from AE2 to AE3, some of the buttons have been remapped on the control surface. Could that be what is happening?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    What version do you do from/to? If this was from AE2 to AE3, some of the buttons have been remapped on the control surface. Could that be what is happening?
    No, I've been on AE3 for some time now and this is a new behavior that was done as of the last update. I tried alt+b to get the version, but that isn't working any longer.

If there is a follow-preview that has moved on the CS, is it in the old ME Delegate group, second top button from the left?

Thanks Kane - I appreciate the assistance

Update - it appears that this is as-designed by NewTek in their newest software release. At least that is what I am being told by tech support. This is another massive f-up by newtek. Thanks for essentially crippling my ability to use ME's via my 8000 control surface.

I'm on the road this week, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct that follow preview should work on all compatible surfaces, as described in the docs.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I'm on the road this week, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct that follow preview should work on all compatible surfaces, as described in the docs.
    Man, I hope you're correct, Steve. As I said, I was told that this behavior was essentially as designed by the person responding to my bug-report. They said that it was done to bring the overall performance more in line with the TC1 and they sent me a pdf related to how the TC1 cs works. I've requested a call from tech support and hopefully I'll have good news to report.

My recollection is that FP works slightly differently in 7-1 (currently only shipping for the new "TC Mini") than in 7-0, but it should be supported in both.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    My recollection is that FP works slightly differently in 7-1 (currently only shipping for the new "TC Mini") than in 7-0, but it should be supported in both.
    Final word - the lack of ME follow was not a feature, nor intended. The tech said that something must have been wrong on the install. I downgraded to AE2 and everything was completely fixed. Downloaded AE3 and installed it and the problems came right back. So now I am in the process of downgrading to AE2 - which is where I will stay.

Thx Steve and Kane for your assist

I have found the macro command that allows you to turn this feature on/off. I've attached a picture of the macro command. Use 'true' to active it, or 'false' to turn it off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	virtualinputsdelegate.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	146311
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    I have found the macro command that allows you to turn this feature on/off. I've attached a picture of the macro command. Use 'true' to active it, or 'false' to turn it off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	virtualinputsdelegate.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	146311
    Thanks for the info, Kane. Can you explain a bit how this works? What the process is? Do I enter this in the macro page and then it pushes to the cs? Not sure what to do here but hopeful that it'll address the issue. Now to download AE3....

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    Thanks for the info, Kane. Can you explain a bit how this works? What the process is? Do I enter this in the macro page and then it pushes to the cs? Not sure what to do here but hopeful that it'll address the issue. Now to download AE3....
    Type the above command into the macro system and run the macro to turn the feature on. If you create another macro with the 'false' value, that will turn the feature off.

If you want to assign it to the control surface, you can do so. It would need one button to turn it on and another to turn it off.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.