Thread: NDI android app no more available?

NDI android app no more available?

Hello guys, just a quick question, iīve searched the forums but cannot fine any info. In the official page itīs only the ios app, and the playstore also show no results. Any info on when and if the app will be back?
    We were using it with an osmo and ubnt apīs to switch from that camera to a sony camera via sdi, with wirecast and now switching to obs

Yeh they pulled it, Stupid, the app works fine, They will release a new version most likely that we will have to pay for. There is a new version on IOS.

If you already own the app and need to install it on a new device, you can access it in the Play Store by tapping the hamburger menu (top left corner) -> My apps & games -> Library. It should be listed in the "Not on this device" section. Make sure you're signed in with the same Google account you purchased the app with.

Or, while signed in with the Google account, this link should still work:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dicamera&hl=en

If you get "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server", then you either don't own the app, or you're signed into a different Google account.

I have just tested this the old android app and it was quite great. I am looking foward to have this app up again for a fair price, with a couple of features:
    * 1080p and higher streaming like in the iphone app
    * support for camera2 api switching between multiple rear cameras for phones that have a telezoom/wide angle lens

Quote Originally Posted by SomePodcaster View Post
    If you already own the app and need to install it on a new device, you can access it in the Play Store by tapping the hamburger menu (top left corner) -> My apps & games -> Library. It should be listed in the "Not on this device" section. Make sure you're signed in with the same Google account you purchased the app with.

Or, while signed in with the Google account, this link should still work:
    https://www.wowessays.com/

If you get "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server", then you either don't own the app, or you're signed into a different Google account.

I am sure I own the app, but I still get "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found ob this server". What's up?

I absolutely love the android app, I recommend it to everyone who could benefit from it, honestly, if it weren't for latency and audio sync challenges I would recommend using it as a webcam, only problem is overheating on some phones. I certainly hope a replacement is on the way. I may buy an iOS device just to benefit.

I will also be very happy to find an android app available, using the last NDI protocol... I don't have much hope of being heard here, but may be...?

I was fortunate enough to buy the old Android app, but I bought it on my personal account, and I need it on the church account. If there's anyone from NewTek listening, it would be quite wonderful if even the old version found it's way back into the Play Store. A lot of churches are looking to improve their live streaming capabilities with this pandemic going on, and even a slight price hike would be easy money for you on intellectual property you already have collecting dust on the shelf.

Or maybe port that shiny new app to Android, show us robots some love.

Or maybe an explanation for why the app was pulled, it works fine for me on my Nexus 5 all the way to my Galaxy S10e...

I found an installer tested and working on 4.5 with my Pixel 2XL.

Quote Originally Posted by mannye2003 View Post
    I found an installer tested and working on 4.5 with my Pixel 2XL..
    Link to pirated software version removed.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I paid for the Android version of NDI and cannot reinstall on a new device

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Link to pirated software version removed.
    I paid for the Android version of NDI and cannot reinstall on a new device. When I try to download again from Play Store it says it is no longer available. I would like to use this again in my studio. I was laid up for over a year and am very disappointing that I cannot use it anymore. Please help.

I'm not unsympathetic, but there are legal ramifications to ignoring illicit activity involving our software. Your situation is likely best addressed by talking to CS or Sales ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")