Thread: Clean Powerpoint feed to projector, HDMI

Clean Powerpoint feed to projector, HDMI

Yet another question (sooner or later, I'll figure this all out). I have the Mini with ADV3 and am looking to use it (while recording) as a pass-through for the laptop PPT that's being presented. One camera, one laptop. The laptop needs to show the PPT while feeding the projector and the TC, which doesn't work. Where do I set things so I'm feeding the projector while the laptop shows the presenter what they're speaking to?

Thanks
    DV

NDI Scan Converter will make all of the GPU outputs available as NDI sources, it should be picking the second output which is typically what you connect to the projector.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    NDI Scan Converter will make all of the GPU outputs available as NDI sources, it should be picking the second output which is typically what you connect to the projector.
    I'm not quite clear on that...do I connect the HDMI cable feeding the projector to Output 2 on the front of the unit?

I think I need a better idea on your setup.

I'm guessing that your laptop is not directly connected to the projector, but you want to TriCaster connected to the projector? What model TriCaster?

Also, the laptop would need to have two displays on it, one for the PowerPoint presenter notes and the other for the full screen output. Another option is to use a Spark unit to 'create' a second output for the full screen PowerPoint display.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    All right...I think I have it. This is a Mini HD-4. The presenter will use the full-screen slides, but does have the presenter notes/preview available, and we can deal with that. The full-screen will pass through the TC Mini, using this process:

Click on the settings gear on the program input monitor for Output Configuration. Set Mix 2 to the correct input (in the case of the laptop, Input 2). Connect the projector with an HDMI cable to Output 2 on the front panel of the unit. This will feed just the laptop PPT to the projector, not the camera or any other items.

Correct?
    Last edited by dveldhouse; 11-14-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dveldhouse View Post
    All right...I think I have it. This is a Mini HD-4. The presenter will use the full-screen slides, but does have the presenter notes/preview available, and we can deal with that. The full-screen will pass through the TC Mini, using this process:

Click on the settings gear on the program input monitor for Output Configuration. Set Mix 2 to the correct input (in the case of the laptop, Input 2). Connect the projector with an HDMI cable to Output 2 on the front panel of the unit. This will feed just the laptop PPT to the projector, not the camera or any other items.

Correct?
    Yes, that sounds like it should work.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.