Thread: NDI Adobe plugin and After effect with no alpha

Thomas TV2

NDI Adobe plugin and After effect with no alpha

Hi

The Ndi plugin works with alpha from Adobe Premiere, but I cant seam to get it working from After effect. Only with a background color.
    Is it still not possible? I read in an old post that After effect do not support it. Only Premiere.

Thomas

TC 8000 AE2
    Tricaster 8000 AE2

There are two plug-ins.

'NewTek_NDI_Transmit.prm' and 'NewTek_NDI_AfterEffects.aex' (on Windows)

The 'prm' plug-in works in Premiere and After Effects, because of how After Effects handles alpha channel it doesn't get passed using the 'prm' plug-in, but Premiere does.

The 'aex' plug-in works on in After Effects only and supports alpha. What I just noticed is that it appears that an Adobe update appears to make the 'prm' plug-in take priority over the 'aex' one. If I remove 'prm' plug-in then the 'aex' one kicks in and alpha appears.

This all used to work previously, but it appears that an Adobe updates have changed it. I'll put in a bug report to see what might be done.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thomas TV2
    Hi Kane and thanks for a quick answer

I will then try, with your hack, on a windowsPC then. I have only tried on a Mac :-)

Thomas
    Tricaster 8000 AE2

As an update, the 'aex' plug-in has been deprecated. All Adobe plug-in support is now handled by the 'prm' plug-in.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.