Thread: Tricaster, Datalink & NewBlue HELP!!!

Tricaster, Datalink & NewBlue HELP!!!

I am trying to set up and use Datalink data from the AllSportsCG in NewBlue Titler 4 Broadcast software.

In a forum post a few years ago, the following information was given: "The one thing I noticed when I went to add the scoreboard data in Titler Live Broadcast (in our case, coming through a Daktronics AllSport CG) was that it only detected that data if it was already going into the TriCaster. We send our data feed directly to the internal version of Livetext to have it pull data instead of in the external version. That allows us to then add it into our Titler graphics because it pulls it from the TriCaster."

A NewBlue person told me that is still the case - that the Datalink data must first enter the Tricaster (which I've been able to do) before it can be picked up by NewBlue as a Newtek Datalink source coming OUT FROM THE TRICASTER and selectable in the NewBlue software.

How is that possible? Can someone PLEASE tell me how to set that up??? I'm at a loss because NewBlue technical support has so far been non-existent.

Thank you.

I'm guessing that they are using the TriCaster API to get the list of DataLink keys and pulling the data they are looking for.

If that is case, then you need to setup your AllSportsCG to work with DataLink in the TriCaster. In the Add-On folder is where you configure the scoreboard DataLink feed (controller, sport, com port,etc). Once you have that working, then NewBlue should have access to the data. I'm not sure how you configure it on the NewBlue, I'm guessing they would need the IP address of the TriCaster.

Also, if they don't give you an option for username/password when connecting to the TriCaster, then you will mostly likely need to disable the LivePanel password. Even if you don't have the LivePanel feature, this option can be found in the Administration Tools. A LivePanel password will require that any external device talking with the TriCaster authenticate, disabling the password option will make it so any application can talk with with no restrictions.
    Last edited by kanep; 11-13-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I’m using NewBlue Titler Live to feed scoreboard graphics to our Mini. But instead of the AllSport CG, we’re using a SportzCast Scorebot. The ScoreBot connects to the Daktronics scoreboard controller and then sends that data back to our control room into our MacMini running NewBlue. The scoreboard graphic is then fed via NDI into our TriCaster. I know our setup doesn’t include the AllSport, but thought maybe it might help somehow with your situation.
    Jeremy Brandt
    TV/Video Teacher
    Voorhees High School, NJ
    http://www.VoorheesTV.com

TriCaster Mini - AE 3
    TriCaster Mini Control Surface
    Primary Cameras - JVC GY-HM750 - Birddog Eyes P200 PTZ

"...you will mostly likely need to disable the LivePanel password. Even if you don't have the LivePanel feature, this option can be found in the Administration Tools"

That did it Kane!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!