Hi All! Hopefully someone here can help with this as we're really keen to embrace NDI for a number of distribution needs when we're broadcasting local sports and events. Essentially the issue is extensive jitter while viewing NDI feeds on our network. After a LOT of testing I think I’ve narrowed it down to only being present when the source PC is connected via a 10Gb port.

If the PC is connected in this way and NDI analysis is run, the average bitrate for the source has been spiking at upwards of 1250Mbps! Whenever that happens (unsurprisingly) the laptops viewing the feed stutter. At times we're getting a stutter at a rate of once every second or two making it pretty unusable even as a confidence monitor.

The issue was originally discovered through vMix but I've used scan converter to rule out vMix as the issue and we're having the same symptoms. If we switch to the 1Gb port on the PC the issue is immediately resolved but I'm concerned with that as I don't want to start to get near the limit of the 1Gb port with all the traffic that goes in and out of that port.

The switch is a Mikrotik CRS328-24P-4S+RM and the port on the PC is a PCIe ASUS XG-C100C. I really can't think of anything else to try and the problem is so repeatable it must be something to do with the 10Gb element.

Is there anything that we can try to resolve this as we would really like to remain on the 10Gb port for maximum headroom as we use a variety of IP based kit and don’t want the 1Gb limit to start to impact on our capabilities.

Thanks!