Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After saving object viewport buttons and tools not working

Have used -0 to disable the hub. Problem still there!

Have used -0 to disable the hub. Problem still there!

This is the response I got from LW support. Seems to be working so far.

You might try a soft-reset:

First would be to delete your configuration files for your LightWave version -- then rescan plugins - and finally refresh menus back to 'default'. So ... steps in order:

1. Delete configs:
    Go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\.NewTek\LightWave\LIGHTWAVE_ VERSION

and delete all files except the license folder.

On Mac, you 'd go to

~YOURUSER\Library\Application Support\NewTek\LightWave\LIGHTWAVE_VERSION

and do the same. (Library opens when you click on "Go" and hold the option key)

2. Rescan plugins - -Launch Layout - then go to "Edit>Edit Plugins" -- the keyboard shortcut for this is ALT-F11 Click on "Scan Directory" and navigate to here:

PC:
    C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWaveVERSION\support\plugins

Mac:
    ~Applications/NewTek/Lightwave3DVERSION/support/plugins
    Select "Ok" and let it run.

3. Refresh Menus: Go to "Edit>Edit Menu Layout" -- the keyboard shortcut for that is ALT-F10 Click on "Presets" and choose "something other than Default"... then Click on Presets again and choose "Default"

I received exactly the same response from LW support.
    I went through the steps and it made no difference whatsoever. Problem still exists.
    I've been over this same ground several times now.

I have now fresh installed LW at least 5 times over the last 6 weeks. Each time I have ensured that any existing config files have been deleted.
    My copy of LW is "straight out of the box" .

Some plugin, or a DLL that LW thinks is a plugin, which is getting picked up via some content directory?
    Are you using network shares?
    Are you using, or have you used, any 3DConnexion devices with that Windows install?
    Is there some correlation with a specific Modeler tool being used?
    Are you using a second monitor and LW is getting confused about which monitor it is on?

---JvdL---

Mouse vs. Tablet setting in Display Options=>Interface tab, maybe?

mTp

Quote Originally Posted by MonroePoteet View Post
    Mouse vs. Tablet setting in Display Options=>Interface tab, maybe?

mTp
    Mouse is selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Some plugin, or a DLL that LW thinks is a plugin, which is getting picked up via some content directory?
    Are you using network shares?
    Are you using, or have you used, any 3DConnexion devices with that Windows install?
    Is there some correlation with a specific Modeler tool being used?
    Are you using a second monitor and LW is getting confused about which monitor it is on?

---JvdL---
    Have no idea if there is a DLL that LW thinks is a plugin (or how to find out).
    Assume by network shares you mean Render Network. No not using this and on previous installs have selected the option of installing without using Render Network.
    No 3DConnexion devices in use.
    All modeler tools are affected.
    Have 2 monitors in use but this is not the problem.

The weird thing is that I can use the tools via using the numeric input box. So the tools can work but not with the mouse. It almost seems that somehow the mouse input
    might be connected with the problem. I just can't see how!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!
    In the Display settings the input device can be set to either" Mouse" or "Tablet".
    This was set to "Mouse", as you would expect because I am actually using a mouse (and do not have a tablet connected- but note that at some stage in the past I DID have a tablet connected.
    Since that time I have done a fresh install of a new OS and have done fresh installs of LW . I did not install or connect a tablet during this time. So anything to do with the tablet should have been long gone- apparently not??).

By setting the device to "Tablet" problem instantly solved. So LW seems to think I am using a Tablet. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks to all those who have offered help. MonroePoteet thank you, you were spot on, I just didn't make the connection to change the input device to Tablet- it just didn't occur to me.

Huh, that worked.

I had the exact same set of extraordinary circumstances.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake View Post
    Huh, that worked.

thanks
    Good the problem is fixed for both of us.I am just glad that finally I can use LW after 6 weeks of wasting time and pulling my hair out trying no end of solutions.
    So many hours wasted.

I just don't understand how this problem occurred in the first place.Yes I had a tablet installed and connected to my system. At some stage I disconnected the tablet because I wasn't using it (found using a mouse was better).
    At the time I wasn't using LW for any project.
    So 3-4 months later I come back to LW and start using it to find it has a problem. After trying to fix the problem by downloading and installing a fresh copy of LW I find the problem still there.
    So I wipe the hard drive and do a fresh install of a new OS followed by a fresh install of LW. Problem still there. The solution to my problem (see previous post) would suggest that "somewhere" on my computer there was a "reference" to a tablet in use.
    But how?? And where?
    The only thing I can think of is that the "reference" must somehow be in the motherboard bios because that was the only thing that I did not re-install. So I had a look in the bios but could find no reference to any input devices at all.

Of course all this assumes that the problem is not actually some bug in LW .

I would really love someone to explain what is going on here.

Weird. What kind of mouse?

Tablet mode should not work with a mouse in my experience, except maybe an old school wacom mouse.

Logitec mouse and Wacom tablet

Tablet was not plugged back in after a fresh windows/LW install.

Logitec mouse and Wacom tablet with me also.
    Tablet was also not plugged in/installed after fresh windows and LW install.

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake View Post
    Huh, that worked.

Me too.

This definitely needs to be reported (but where?... Microsoft? NewTek?). The docs suggest that this is simply a toggle for "the default system drivers for the appropriate device". It could be an OS issue.

https://docs.lightwave3d.com/lw2019/...ns-InputDevice

I've been experiencing the problem @ home on a fresh Windows 10 system with a tablet (attached but never used for LW). Earlier today @ work there was no problem on Win7 without a tablet. I'll test the tablet on a few systems before reporting the bug to NT.

Running 2019.1.5. This may have been introduced with the 2019.1 update because there was some fiddling in that corner of the code … https://docs.lightwave3d.com/lw2019/...gation-options
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast