Thread: No network, connect laptop

No network, connect laptop

Posted in the wrong forum before...apologies. Too many things to deal with at the moment. Once again, finding a different piece from when I originally used a TC. Have a Mini HD4 and am looking to connect my laptop with a PPT without a network. Previously, I just connected using a crossover cable and iVGA, but now have ADV3 and that approach didn't work with NDI. What am I missing? Did a search and didn't find the topic, though I'm pretty sure there's a thread about it somewhere.

Thanks
    DV

If you have a cross over cable and you can get the windows side to see and talk to each other I think you can specify the IP you gave the laptop in NDI manager so it can connect to it. I usually just end up using the HDMI out port of laptops, convert to SDI and call it a day.

Not a networking expert by any means, but I get by. I don't think special "Crossover" cables are even needed anymore, I just connect laptop to TriCaster with ANY network cable, and manually set network addresses on both machines so they are on the same subnet, like one is 192.168.100.101 and the other is 192.168.100.102 and make certain both machines have network set to WORK/PRIVATE and not PUBLIC which does not transmit NDI video.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    If you have a cross over cable and you can get the windows side to see and talk to each other I think you can specify the IP you gave the laptop in NDI manager so it can connect to it. I usually just end up using the HDMI out port of laptops, convert to SDI and call it a day.
    THanks...that's pretty much what I did. I now am the proud owner of two 25' HDMI cables.