Thread: Tricaster Mini 4K

Tricaster Mini 4K

I been away from the forums for a while....

I seen in my email a promo for a new TC MIni 4K, is this a new hardware product or a software upgrade? I currently own a Mini and would be interested in it doing 4K. Looks like in the screenshots it works off the new TC software?

This is a new Mini model.

Updating your current Mini to Advanced Edition 3 will bring it up to the same software level as the new TriCaster Mini 4K model. However, it will not make a Mini HDMI/SDI do 4K video, as that does require new hardware.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    I noticed Live Story Creator was mentioned on the new Mini's page - is that currently available?
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    This is a new Mini model.

Updating your current Mini to Advanced Edition 3 will bring it up to the same software level as the new TriCaster Mini 4K model. However, it will not make a Mini HDMI/SDI do 4K video, as that does require new hardware.

I purchased a TC410 plus 3 weeks ago, The 4k TC mini model would of been a big consideration instead.

I was wondering if it in the future a software update to 4k would be possible on the TC410 plus or is this also a hardware issue ? Its a real shame that this not a upgrade option.

Quote Originally Posted by BBZ Studios View Post
    I purchased a TC410 plus 3 weeks ago, The 4k TC mini model would of been a big consideration instead.

I was wondering if it in the future a software update to 4k would be possible on the TC410 plus or is this also a hardware issue ? Its a real shame that this not a upgrade option.
    Other than the 4K capability, the TC 410 Plus is a higher end solution than the Mini 4K.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.