Thread: James Dean does a Schwarzenegger - He'll be back.

James Dean does a Schwarzenegger - He'll be back.

This will require som heavy realistic CGI human, wonder if this will push the CGI a bit more...

James Dean to star in a Movie with a story set in the vietnam War, and itīs not James Franco or Leonardo Di Caprio that will be in the cast, but a CGI
    "actor"

Though whoīs gonna do the motion capture? if any.. (surely not Andy Serkins?)
    Or will they have developed algorithms that allows for a completely computer generated actor? also when it pertains the facial and body movement.
    https://www.filmstories.co.uk/news/j...-finding-jack/

they should go the smart way about it.

CG first.

Deepfake next.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Recreating Paul Walker in 3D made sense, he passed away in the middle of production. Putting a 3D James Dean in this movie sounds a bit like a publicity stunt to be honest. It has generated publicity which is always good for an upcoming project and it will provide jobs for artists which is great but it just seems odd.

Ya, it's purely a gimmick as I see it. If it was about James Dean perhaps, but how can this possibly serve the story?

Just having the technology to do something isn't enough. Too many present day producers have lost sight of that fact.
    If the story blows chunks, it doesn't matter who or what you put up on the screen; after the initial curiosity seekers start talking, the audience will stay away in droves.
    If the story is phenomenal, then you could do it with sock puppets, get word of mouth publicity & repeat viewers.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

a Digital young Schwarzenegger could make sense, in the Terminator universe.

or a Digital Yul Brynner.

...unsure about James Dean / Bruce Lee.

I honestly do not know the motive behind resurrecting him in the form of a CGI character, nor if that motive is to be found in some article?
    I am guessing it may have to do a little bit with the fact that James only did 3 Iconic movies, East of Eden, Rebel without a cause, and..Giant, and the performance from him sort of indicated he was destined to have more Greatness on the movie screen, Iītīs not like they are reviving John Wayne..who did quite a bit more movies, or Marlon Brando (while I think Brando was CGI in some later superman movie..which they sort of needed)

I think James Deans relatives have given permission anyway, a question is how would James feel about it, and the only one able to answer that would be a message from himself from the other side.

If the story somehow had a connection to something James Dean was concerned about, wether it be dogs, or something else that is depicted in the movie, that could at least serve as an excuse, but otherwise I think it would only be a form of exploitation of his Fame and legacy.

Seems many actors are upset by it....if it is because of destroying his legacy and expploiatation, or if it is because of the fear of future CGI actors replacing real actors, I donīt know..but I think we are about to see that change in the movie industry ..which James Cameron said he thought it will never happen when making avatar.

Would we like to see another Rutger Haur portayed character in future films, as well as many others? apart from making it 100% photorealistic and accurate in the actual figure, the voice, the subtil face expressions, the Acting itself...that is a different story from just making the actor come to life so to speak, and no one can determine how an actor reallly would play a certain role, since that is highly dynamic and referenced to the Real actor and what he would feel like to do with a certain script and a certain time in the actors life.

We have been given a taste of it, however, and unfortunately, I don't recall the memories of any of them as inspiring.  
    as for technology, sure, cool, but as for artistic driven performance (acting) not so much.

I am guessing wildly here, but I think Andy Serkins wouldnīt mind be revived..considering heīs often behind the mocap to drive the acting, but not being portrayed himself.

A funny note since I mentioned Andy Serkins, I just noticed a tv show.."The expedition" that airs here in Sweden now, a show where celebrities is out on adventures in mountains, And in this case Mikael Persbrandt ( boern in the hobbit) is walking in the himalayaīs, and just happens to run in to that "Gollum" figure..haha, what a strange meeting, what are the odds?..I guess Andy canīt stay away from the mountains.

Mikael..and Andy I guess, was a bit surprised to meet each other, and they havenīt seen each other for years so Mikael barely recognized him, he goes..."Andyyy...what the f..are you doing here?)

The girl next to Mikael didnīt recognize or knew who Andy was, and asked Mikael, "who was that?"..and Mikael says, "that was Gollum" and then she burst out in laughs.."you gotta be kidding me!"

well,... Andy Serkis was known for downplaying the 3D artists role in Lord of the Rings, so not sure who would jump on that...  
    https://www.cartoonbrew.com/motion-c...kis-98868.html

then again, i guess he learned in time. Just funny you picked "that" name.  
    https://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-co...ow-101174.html

That said, seems like a nice guy.
    Last edited by erikals; 11-09-2019 at 07:22 PM.

There's a "concert tour" with a holographic Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison. Beyond the "Gee Whiz!" factor, I think it's just a little bit creepy.