Thread: NDIHX ios app features?

NDIHX ios app features?

Hi,

I recently bought the Newtek NDI ios app for the second time hoping the new version would be more versatile, but it seems like it has the same limitations as the first one.

With only three fixed resolutions and one fixed frame rate it is very limiting in real production. Other competing apps have all selectable frame rates(including PAL frame rates) and resolutions.
    The lack of manual white balance is also limiting.

Any plans to add features to the ios app?

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the feedback, Anders.

I'm told that the Apple doesn't provide access to *framerate options, but based on your request I can tell you that we decided to add another resolution option, bringing the count to four. So the new options, when the device supports all of these, would be: 640x480, 720p, 1080p, and 4K (the new addition is 1080p).

I'm not sure what other apps you have in mind, but if you can post an example or two, I'm sure engineering would be interested in looking at them.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Hi, thanks for the feedback, Anders.

I'm told that the Apple doesn't provide access to *framerate options, but based on your request I can tell you that we decided to add another resolution option, bringing the count to four. So the new options, when the device supports all of these, would be: 640x480, 720p, 1080p, and 4K (the new addition is 1080p).

I'm not sure what other apps you have in mind, but if you can post an example or two, I'm sure engineering would be interested in looking at them.
    Thanks for the reply, and for adding a 1080 option!
    I don't own the Sienna NDICam app, but they list 25fps and 29.97fps in their description. The Camera for OBS app can do ndi out as well, and has a bunch of frame rates. However it seems like the ndi implementation is 30fps only.

The Larix Broadcaster app that does rtmp, srt ect. does all frame rates including PAL.

Also, all the "pro" camera apps like Filmic Pro, Moment, Mavis ect does all kinds of frame rates for recording, including PAL frame rates. I don't know if this is relevant for the ndi app, but it is at least possible to do other frame rates.

One big thing I forgot to mention is the lacking ability to swap lenses on the new iPhones. Having the ability to use the tele and superwide without using the digital zoom would also greatly improve the versatility of the app.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by AndersM; 11-08-2019 at 10:45 AM.