Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: DDR2 in new TC1/Tricaster version

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    412

    DDR2 in new TC1/Tricaster version

    Hello.

    Since upgrading all our Tricasters to the newest versions, we're having lots of issues with DDR2. DDR2 sometimes plays, but then it gets stuck on the last frame of a preset, and becomes completely unresponsive. Can't click anything. Play anything. Go forward or backward. Just DDR2. DDR1 is fine, and continues to be fine. Happens in all 4 of our large Tricasters.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

    Imry

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    412
    Correction. Both DDR1. DDR1 just started misbehaving as well.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    412
    This issue has been maddening. It happens on both our TC1s. With different video content.
    We tried old versions of the software (Aug. 2019), current versions, and unreleased beta versions.
    No luck.

    Tried creating new sessions. No luck.

    I'm working on setting up for tonight's basketball broadcast right now.
    Restarted the session. Both DDRs worked well.
    Checked every preset. All good.

    Moved on to other things. Checked transition macros. Checked all sources. Checked audio.
    Came back to DDR2, not working at all. Can't play any video.

    I really don't know why. Or how.

    It's very difficult to explain exactly what it feels like.
    It's as though a video in a DDR preset is playing, and you try to scrub through a video on a different preset in the same DDR2.
    The scrubber moves, but it doesn't do anything.

    That's what happens here. It's not stuck. Everything is responsive.
    I can add videos to any DDR present. No issues at all.
    But I can't play anything. It's as though it's stuck on the last frame of the last video it played, and can't move on.

    If I remove ALL the videos from ALL the presets in the DDR, the problem stays the same. The problem only goes away if I restart the session. Sometimes it just goes away on its own too. No way to tell.

    Has anyone else seen this issue?
    Last edited by imryh; 11-08-2019 at 12:49 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Winter Park
    Posts
    325
    Between the beta and other things were you ever prompted for updating the graphics card at all? Maybe try earlier driver there if so?

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    412
    I was prompted to update it...and did. Thanks for trying!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Winter Park
    Posts
    325
    Yeah but if this is new behavior after updating and being prompted to update GPU and you have the problem with new and old newtek software Im suggesting a downgrade of nvidia as something to try.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    412
    Issue has been resolved. Apparently, the codec the TC1 uses to transcode/import files with transparency was causing this issue. When files are exported from NLE using newer Newtek codec and not transcoded in TC1, the problem goes away.

    Thanks QA and Kane for figuring this out and helping us!

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Winter Park
    Posts
    325
    Interesting. Good find, that one seems a bit tricky.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •