Thread: Lagging NDI OUT from TC1, TC8000 and NC1

Lagging NDI OUT from TC1, TC8000 and NC1

Hello.

Since we upgraded the version on our TC1s, TC8000 and NC1, all NDI output from them is very laggy.
    Constantly jumpy. Skipping frames.

Doesn't look jumpy on the TC1, TC8000 and NC1. Just on the devices receiving them (all of them Tricasters).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Imry

Try this. Install NDI Tools 4 on those systems. Open NDI Access Manager and under the Advanced tab, set the receive mode to 'Prefer UDP'

See if that makes any improvement.
    Last edited by kanep; 11-05-2019 at 09:44 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks, Kane. I will try that, and see how it goes!

Installing the latest NDI 4.0 tools on my 460 and setting receive mode to "Prefer UDP" solved an issued I’ve been working with support on since Aug, where I'd get significant audio clicks and dropped frames from NDI sources (TriCaster TC1 and Scan Converters). I didn't have the issue on the TC1 though.

Thanks Kane!
    Rob Safran
    Share Wisdom Network
    [email protected]

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    VSE and LiveText
    Cameras: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150

Had the similar issue and Prefer UDP solved it.

Thanks, everyone. We have our next broadcast tomorrow. I will know if it's solved then...

This version of NDI Tools isn't available on the public Downloads page yet, but I've been granted permission to put it up here in advance.

http://new.tk/NDIToolsBetaUX

The comments below accompany this advance version:

"This version fixes a bug we had reported that caused RGBA to be decoded incorrectly on windows when the sender was 3.8 and the receiver was 4.0. It also includes a large number of potential performance improvements across the board that should make it very significantly better than any previous version of NDI, and better than the current 4.0 SDK. We believe that this version is sufficiently stable that it may be used in released products."
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

NDI jitter issue appears to be fixed. Thanks for the help!

Please note that the NDI Tools installer linked below has been updated. The accompanying note mentions that this build resolves one bug that could cause crashing in a few cases. I would suggest that if you've not encountered this, probably no great need to update...

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    This version of NDI Tools isn't available on the public Downloads page yet, but I've been granted permission to put it up here in advance.

http://new.tk/NDIToolsBetaUX

The comments below accompany this advance version:

"This version fixes a bug we had reported that caused RGBA to be decoded incorrectly on windows when the sender was 3.8 and the receiver was 4.0. It also includes a large number of potential performance improvements across the board that should make it very significantly better than any previous version of NDI, and better than the current 4.0 SDK. We believe that this version is sufficiently stable that it may be used in released products."
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

wooped dee do it worked for me also!

I got drops/clicks when I went from scan converter to TC410 but not when I went to TC mini.
    If I went from scan converter to TC mini then onto TC410 it was fine... Would that be an NDi HX issue going on?

How can I get this newer version of access manager to open from within AE3 and not the older version that does not have the advanced tab?

many thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by rokestah View Post
    wooped dee do it worked for me also!

I got drops/clicks when I went from scan converter to TC410 but not when I went to TC mini.
    If I went from scan converter to TC mini then onto TC410 it was fine... Would that be an NDi HX issue going on?

How can I get this newer version of access manager to open from within AE3 and not the older version that does not have the advanced tab?

many thanks..
    Install NDI Tools v4 on the system and use the NDI Access Manager that it installs.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

That is what I'm doing but I have to drop all the way to windows to get to it.

Is there no way make the access manager link in the Tricaster menu open this version?

many thanks

Until the Access Manager integrated into the TriCaster is updated, that is what you have to do. Typically, I don't find this something you do daily. What adjustments are you needing to make?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Nothing special, just wanted to ask if there was an easy way to achieve this. If not then no worries.