Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10 Questions to an Alien visiting.

It's kind of circumstantial depending on who turns up. It occurred to me that the first thing you'd want to clarify is the circumstances around the contact.

1. Friend or Foe
    If friend...
    2. can you prove it? How can we confirm trust? Can you be honest?
    3. Do you have any deeper understanding of the origin of life?
    4. How many dimensional levels of life are there?
    5. How common is material life in the universe?
    6. What was the tipping point that allowed you to reveal yourselves at this time, what changed on Earth? (What signifies becoming a galactic resident?)
    7.What are you afraid of? Is there anything you are threatened by?
    8. What does everyone do out there, where do other sentient species find purpose?
    9. Can you tell me everything you know about death and the soul?
    10. What can I make you to drink?

If foe,
    2.what do you want, and why now?
    3. Do we have to be enemies (or subjects) for you to get what you want?
    4. Can we find a peaceful path, without manipulation and subterfuge?
    5. How long have you been here? Who is in control?
    6. What do you believe in? Or are you logical, binary life? (If so, what are your conclusions?)
    7. Do you have enemies, if so why?
    8. Do you feel threatened by us?
    9. Are you capable of friendship?
    10. What would you like to drink? (Tea, coffee, or my brain juices?)

If the alien is a foe, well, you might not get to ask questions. But ascertaining their motivations is the most important thing to understand on first contact. Mars attacks plays on this quite a lot. Imagine if you are dealing with advanced lairs and manipulators... you might not be able to know the difference.

Certainly, a decent alien species with good intentions would avoid those that gravitate to power and be reaching out to those with deeper questions and more balance in thought. It's a fascinating subject.

Friend and foe possible answers
    2. Your still alive..arenīt you.
    3. We are all just stardust.
    4. Iīll get back to you when we know for sure
    5. We donīt know for sure.
    6. Just passing by..getting the latest Lightwave release, probe it and squash bugs.
    7. Aliens
    8. Looking for other species.
    9. Nothing.
    10. Brain...shaken, not stirred.

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Farrell View Post
    5. How much in $ do you make per earth year?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rh3xPatEto

No money...sure, I think we need to stop having to work before that happens.
    Funny...over here they talk about robots replacing all our work, but at the same time..in the future we need to work more, it really doesnīt add up to making sense.

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    No money...sure, I think we need to stop having to work before that happens.
    Funny...over here they talk about robots replacing all our work, but at the same time..in the future we need to work more, it really doesnīt add up to making sense.
    The majority of people hate their daily jobs. It is easily visible on the example: if they will win on a lottery they quit job the next day.
    People should "work" in "jobs" they love to do, no matter if they get paid, or not paid.
    e.g. if you are scientist you will go to "job" even if nobody will pay you. Scientists love their work. Their job is to discover Universe and how it works. Finding something nobody prior them discovered.
    Now, instead of working on their projects currently have to beg for grants..
    If everybody agrees nobody pays anything, and everything is for free, and majority of things that people hate doing is made by robots, you will have better life.
    At least less stressful. People are frustrated being unable to pay bills. Taking second, or third job. Afraid of losing job. Afraid of losing apartment. Due to not being able to pay bills or credit.

If there will be no money, there will be no thieves, there will be no murderers, there will be crimes to eliminate suspects of committing crime, no bribery. etc. etc.

Transitory state between "money world" and "no-money world", in imagination of some visionaries, is Unconditional Basic Income.

Aliens who still use money, could kill you to get resources they need. Because his or her or it motivation would be "get rich" and "have everything".. Resources, territory, living space..
    Last edited by Sensei; 11-07-2019 at 03:59 PM.

 
    The majority of people hate their daily jobs. It is easily visible on the example: if they will win on a lottery they quit job the next day.
    People should "work" in "jobs" they love to do, no matter if they get paid, or not paid.
    e.g. if you are scientist you will go to "job" even if nobody will pay you. Scientists love their work. Their job is to discover Universe and how it works. Finding something nobody prior them discovered.
    Now, instead of working on their projects currently have to beg for grants..
    If everybody agrees nobody pays anything, and everything is for free, and majority of things that people hate doing is made by robots, you will have better life.
    At least less stressful. People are frustrated being unable to pay bills. Taking second, or third job. Afraid of losing job. Afraid of losing apartment. Due to not being able to pay bills or credit.

If there will be no money, there will be no thieves, there will be no murderers, there will be crimes to eliminate suspects of committing crime, no bribery. etc. etc.

Transitory state between "money world" and "no-money world", in imagination of some visionaries, is Unconditional Basic Income.
     
    Good lines.  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

Well..not that black and white, money or not, there will be murders out there anyway do to the complexity of mankind, with without money.
    Sure ..In my and other likeminded, One should work with what they love to do..that is utopian, reality is that society demands of you to work for the society if you want to benefit from itīs welfare etc, unless you can get by with no means..move to a cave ..eat raw fish, and have a thick fur during the upcoming winters..and just donīt dare to get sick.
    Or..you may have won the lottery or have become economicly independent some other way.

There are already discussions over here by working hours, but as long as the free competitive

market rules the trade..it will take a long time before that will happen if ever..I guess.

I also guess that this transcendence will not be much up for discussion until we have solved it technologicly with unlimited (almost) energy and solve world food distribution and population regulation.
    So fusion energy or something else that isnīt under the competitive market, but made available for everyone, that would be a start.

Ops..sorry politics, everything somehow seem to be leading up to that.

It will be interesting to see what job market will be overtaken by AI initially?

Transport, self driving cars, drones
    Police and rescue forces?
    Military
    Court system
    Politicians

And drones operating in military services, allowed to make their own decisions..huh.

It will be interesting to see what job market will be overtaken by AI initially?
    All.
    Even Health Care.  

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    As long as scarcity can occur (iow, forever), there will be motive for (and therefore) theft. Stephenson's "Diamond Age" nicely illustrates the issues in an economy of the sort you're describing. Make replicated objects freely available, and many will simply covet non-replicated objects instead.

Murder occurs for many reasons unrelated to money/wealth: Crimes of passion, various forms of xenophobia, and so forth. No legit basis for thinking those would disappear, either.

Joe Halderman's "Forever Peace" includes an interesting take on a kind of "unconditional basic income" society, as well as an interesting spin on "enforced pacifism".
    Last edited by jwiede; 11-07-2019 at 07:26 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

yes, but i don't think Sensei meant it literally. More generally.
    i'll let him chime in on that.

So...letīs send the AIīs to Mars then, if thereīs one area that could save human lifes and also serve as an incitament to push the robot technology, that journey would be fitting.
    But ..no, we have to send humans.

From a time perspective point of view, I can understand this...in order to send robots first that will make sure they can land, build complex and start farming etc, then travel back and bring all data of the journey back to us, before we go there by ourself.....that will take a lot longer to develop than actually going there by ourself, I think.

I donīt believe AI will take of as rapidly as it often seem portrayed on social media and tv shows, I even wonder if I will get to play with a robot seal, robot cat or robot woman... when someday I may sit in the elderly care, well...most likely not a woman, I could settle for a realistic cat..purring on my chest..Maybe I should start the development of future robocats to ensure at least some level of comfort at old age, then again a real cat or women I wouldnīsay no to..though I am allergic to catīs and a woman of my desire and looks, at my age and looks at that time will not be realistic.

I wonder if Old people would appreciate a robotic seal, if they have the sanity left to understand that it is a robot, or if it would be something only demented people would appreciate, and now this thread has crossed the line to the other topic about AI

Maybe if we ourself would start to consider sending robot probes (as we previously have done) in to wormholes or near spead of light, isnīt that something that
    also would be likely for Aliens? them sending probes or droids, robots etc and actually not going themself until they absolutely would need to.

2012 in sweden ..a robotic seal moved in to elderly care..

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/sk...a-aldreboenden

And robot catīs...movie in the link, can not link it directly unfortunately.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/ja...et-for-dementa

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Farrell View Post
    i RESPONDED i HOPE YOU GOT MY POST ABOUT THESE ALIENS AMONG US
    You doing okay? Concerned for you friend.
    Last edited by kidgkodiak; 11-07-2019 at 10:08 PM.

talking Aliens, these creatures actually did exist...  

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    talking Aliens, these creatures actually did exist...  
    All those wonders of evolution

If we only could induce some extreme IQ in to these creatures ..( the Tardigrades ) they would serve as very tolerant space travelers.

Their so called mouth is very funny, looks almost like something mechanical.

Hooray for Waterbears! Giant Microbes has a big, cute fuzzy version of them too: https://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/pro...-gigantic.html
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast