Thread: Tricaster TXCD410 SDI output stopped working?

Tricaster TXCD410 SDI output stopped working?

Hello, everybody! Hope we can find the solution to this problem and thanks for accepting me in forum.

Yesterday while we were recording a video on of our SDI output stopped working. Tricaster have 4 SDI outputs 3 of them are with direct SDI cable from the camera and one of the cams have HDMI > SDI converter >SDI 1 cable to Tricaster. While we were rolling the video the camera with HDMI > SDI converter stopped streaming to tricaster, the camera kept rolling, but there was black screen on tricaster.
    We changed the SDI cable possition from SDI 1 to the others SDI ports and it had no problems, but SDI 1 does not work either with HDMI >SDI or just SDI > SDI cam. We tried to create a new project still 3 of the cameras were visible, just the camera that was plugged into SDI 1 still black video. We tought its the converter and changed it with another one still no success.
    As far as i know when the problem occured the camera that was plugged into that SDI blacked out for 2 sec and then back to normal streaming for 15-20 minutes and blacked out completely.
    What might be the problem? Could the HDMI > SDI converter did something to the output SDI port on the tricaster or the output to be malfunction?

I would try loopback tests by directly connecting the TriCaster outputs and inputs to determine if the ports are all okay with out any additional converters in between. Put a clip in the DDR, put the DDR on program, then use a SDI cable to start testing ports. Do this with a brand new session.

I find it highly unlikely that a converter would do something, unless moving it across the floor caused a static electricity build up that 'shocked' the video hardware of the TriCaster.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.