Thread: Livestream Producer Plugin & Display Ouputs on AE3

Livestream Producer Plugin & Display Ouputs on AE3

Hi Everyone,

I just updated to AE3 on our Tricaster Mini and have run into a couple of issues. The first is regarding the Livestream Producer Plugin for streaming. Is this plugin available for AE3? I see a Vimeo (which owns Livestream now) option under the stream tab, but my Livestream credentials do not work with the Vimeo option.

Secondly, I discovered after upgrading that the display outputs are disabled on AE3. That is unfortunate as I was using a display output to send ProPresenter to the house projectors. My first ouput is program out to recording and the 2nd output was sending the program feed to lobby displays. I suppose a work around is to split my first output to recording and lobby, and the use the 2nd output to send my ProPresenter input to the projectors.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to approach this?

Lastly, is it possible to rollback to AE2?

Thanks!

-Deepak

Looks like they removed that in AE3 - the display outputs: https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...isplay-Options

The only option it seems would be to install NDI tools on your monitor lobby displays/projectors (if you can) and use studio monitor. Obviously you'll need to be connected to the same network as your tricaster, and connect to your tricaster via that method. You can delegate one of your 4 mixes to show the specific output you'd like to show.

Finally, yes you can downgrade to AE2 - but you will need to do a system restore, download AE2 from the store, and create a new session from scratch as we had issues using sessions we created in AE2 - then used in AE3 - but would not work once we rolled back to AE2.

Thank you kidgkodiak! We ended up sticking with AE3 and splitting output 1 to recording decks and lobby screens. Output 2 (which was the lobby feed) is now connected to the house projectors.

Regarding the Livestream plugin - it is not available for AE3 (confirmed with both Newtek and Livestream). The Vimeo option in AE3 will not work with Livestream account credentials.
    Our solution is to move to Facebook Live for streaming.