Thread: Layout opening with 2 interfaces!

Layout opening with 2 interfaces!

In Modeller, if I hit the 'Send to Layout' button, Layout opens two interfaces, one with the expected object and the second with a blank field. I'm using LW2015.3-64 which has been working fine until recently. I've tried stripping out the cfg's and also a reinstall. Has anyone else seen this? I'd be very grateful for suggestions.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Extra LW iteration.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	146214

no, never had that one. windows shortcut fired twice is the only time thats happened

Hi. I've been using 2015.3 for an older project and have had this also. It actually happens both ways. Layout can open two instances of modeler too. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens often.
    I think it might be to do with upgrades to the hub, as I have 2019 installed too, though that is speculation (either that or windows alteration perhaps). I generally just close the blank one and leave the one that worked open for that entire session (with minimal issues), so forget about it. I don't think it's actually causing broader issues.

Still a bit of an odd one though. I'm afraid I don't have suggestions to fix it, but I can share that it doesn't seem to break anything that a simple closure can't fix.

check the hub cfg.

also, try running lw shortcuts with -0 flag and see if that helps

Thanks for the feedback guys. Please can you explain what you mean by '-0 flag'. Thanks for the reassurance Kaptive. Since overwriting the program my taskbar shortcut icons for LW are now suddenly showing blank-white!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptive View Post
    Hi. I've been using 2015.3 for an older project and have had this also. It actually happens both ways. Layout can open two instances of modeler too. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens often.
    I think it might be to do with upgrades to the hub, as I have 2019 installed too, though that is speculation (either that or windows alteration perhaps). I generally just close the blank one and leave the one that worked open for that entire session (with minimal issues), so forget about it. I don't think it's actually causing broader issues.

Still a bit of an odd one though. I'm afraid I don't have suggestions to fix it, but I can share that it doesn't seem to break anything that a simple closure can't fix.
    Same here, but this happened a long time after installation, could be windows update or something in the 2019 installation mixing something up.

Yes, it crossed my mind that it could be a Win issue, and like you it reared its head a long time after installation. I figure though, if it is a Win issue, there might be more users affected by this too. And as with the earlier post, the problem shows both ways between Layout and Modeller. I still can't fathom the blank icons - all my others are fine. Yet another unexpected consequence of Brexit no doubt!