Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Any hint of anew LW coming in 2020?

paulk, what username/password do you normally use to access LW documentation? Try using that.

My post was not an encouragement to blindly enter your credentials on an atlassian web form on the "suspicious" domain of lightwave3d.com. It was just to illustrate that there is protected content there.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

This should be where they inform us about development, not just releases..it is a development blog, not a release blog...

https://blog.lightwave3d.com/categor...elopment-news/

That is what is cool about blender blogs, I can get excited and also get a slight road map on to what is upcoming soon, currently I am waiting for 2.82 and the VDB implementation for Blender.

For Lightwave I would like to see a blog, slight briefing..about new modeling tools in Layout, or enhanced fluids, or consolidated forces to work across all dynamics engines, but then again..santa isnīt real.

Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    I just tried the 2020 link. Both my forum and Lightwave3d ids and passwords failed. I clicked on "Atlassian", and no mention of Newtek, Lightwave, or VizRT on the home page.

SO, either there's a closed Alpha/Beta testing progream, or it's a phisihing site to steal ids and passwords of Lightwave users .
    Atlassian is just a platform for the online docs and internal protect management and stuff. Lightwave is just a customer. Having newteks name in the homepage would be like newtek having YOUR name on their homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    Atlassian is just a platform for the online docs and internal protect management and stuff. Lightwave is just a customer. Having newteks name in the homepage would be like newtek having YOUR name on their homepage.
    I thought the smiley emoji would indicate I was joshing about phishing. Like all little children, I like to shake and heft the presents under the tree.

BTW, whenever I sign on to the Forum or Lightwave3D, my name IS on the homepage, with "Welcome, PaulK", so THERE!!

deleted

Not being open about development gives rumors and speculations the power to be perceived as truth. That's the choice management made. It's a pity.
    www.bytehawk.net

1 : Imac 27’ I7 mid 2017 8Gb ram

Quote Originally Posted by Bytehawk View Post
    Not being open about development gives rumors and speculations the power to be perceived as truth. That's the choice management made. It's a pity.
    Agreed.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Seems to be ready ?
    Happy NY

http://www.lightwaves2020.com/
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Seems to be ready ?
    Happy NY

http://www.lightwaves2020.com/
    Ordered my copy!
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

They seem to be pushing the speed angle! The tunable filter and polarisation controls must be a node of some sort.
    Not sure about the new styling though, rainbows is so 80s.
    I'm in.

Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Quote Originally Posted by Bytehawk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus
    This should be where they inform us about development, not just releases..it is a development blog, not a release blog...

https://blog.lightwave3d.com/categor...elopment-news/
    If only. And so many opportunities to create goodwill and create a buzz. Newtek could easily do a "good vibes" 2019 piece like this one:
    https://www.blender.org/press/blende...ights-of-2019/

How better start the new year?

Any news is better than no news at all. The LW marketing people seem almost afraid to market their product. How odd. Newtek's lack of marketing and social media presence singularly removed it from most 3d users' consciousness the past decade.

Then again, Maxon and Foundry aren't doing much better. Why is it that old outdated forms of thought and marketing linger in these companies? Why all the secrecy? There really isn't anything to be secret about anymore, in my opinion. Quite the opposite: the current generation(s) of artists embrace openness. It's so last century and old-men thinking.
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

non of the old-timers seem to like the Blender way of marketing, and it is not going to change.
    the last 10 years (20?) has shown it is of little interest to them.

we, the LightWave community, have also pointed this out the last 10 years.

so be it

Last edited by erikals; 12-31-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    If only. And so many opportunities to create goodwill and create a buzz. Newtek could easily do a "good vibes" 2019 piece like this one:
    https://www.blender.org/press/blende...ights-of-2019/

How better start the new year?

Any news is better than no news at all. The LW marketing people seem almost afraid to market their product. How odd. Newtek's lack of marketing and social media presence singularly removed it from most 3d users' consciousness the past decade.

Then again, Maxon and Foundry aren't doing much better. Why is it that old outdated forms of thought and marketing linger in these companies? Why all the secrecy? There really isn't anything to be secret about anymore, in my opinion. Quite the opposite: the current generation(s) of artists embrace openness. It's so last century and old-men thinking.
    Honestly speaking and that without any intent to be rude, I have the sense that the LW team at this stage...is insecure about their product, at wich level and status it is right now compared to others in the market, as well as to where it may go...and as such they can not possibly be secure in the marketing department...and how to adress that, They need to feel confidence about what they sell and market..truthfully, if you do not have that..the Marketing will be left untouched or poorly executed.

That is the sense I get around it all...Itīs also possible itīs far from the truth of course, the only ones who knows are the team themself, and even if I was on to something..itīs not likely they would jump in to answer any of that, nor recognize it as the truth either...wouldnīt do them any good either, If it where close to the truth..there is only one thing to do..get confidence by building an even better Lightwave that truly stands out in some key areas or innovative areas...when they know they got it, they would also have confidence to market it for what it is and does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    Then again, Maxon and Foundry aren't doing much better.
    If you want to believe that about Maxon, go right ahead, but all market evidence rather conclusively shows otherwise.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast