Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any hint of anew LW coming in 2020?

Any hint of anew LW coming in 2020?

I was wondering if there have been any rumblings regarding a new LW for 2020? Speculation welcome.

Oh no it has begun!

I can't imagine anything radical. Probably just more of maintenance release with a few bells and whistles. Maybe a 3rd party renderer.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Sorry if I mentioned it, but i was just wondering when I'm going to need to save up my sheckles [money]! Delete the thread if you wish.

Safe to assume they are aiming for a consistent yearly release.

Just more of the same. I hope they revamp Modeler. Full GPU rendering would be great because Lightwave is short on 3rd party support there. I'd love for them to further develop their cel-shading nodes. A revamp of their mo-cap plugin would rely on third party hardware that they have no control over.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

If they can get a GPU rendering solution in place for 2020, I would be thrilled. Honestly, speed is my only real barrier right now when using Lightwave.

GPU render, Hair improvement, dynamics improvement, sculpting tools, more character animation tools, modeler deep upgrade.

Gpu rendering with all surfacing techniques remaining intact.
    Modeler becoming modern with some nodal abilities for building things.
    More modeling capabilities in layout.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Quote Originally Posted by RPSchmidt View Post
    If they can get a GPU rendering solution in place for 2020, I would be thrilled. Honestly, speed is my only real barrier right now when using Lightwave.
    Heck, I would be happy if I could just use Interpolated GI on high resolution renderings without LW crashing.
    The renderer is gorgeous, but it's finicky, noisy and not the speediest thing around. Interpolated GI helps reduce the noise but if you can't render at high resolutions what good is it.
    Last edited by Tim Parsons; 10-28-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

I still would love instance painting. That is, painting instances into a scene, like painting trees and rocks onto a landscape. Don't need anything fancier than that.

Agreed. Getting a sequenced rendered without grain or super high render times using subsurface can be frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    Sorry if I mentioned it, but i was just wondering when I'm going to need to save up my sheckles [money]! Delete the thread if you wish.
    Start saving now. Upgrades for people with the current version have been $395.00. This way, you won't have to take a hit when you KNOW it'll be VERY inconvenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie2Strokes View Post
    Just more of the same. I hope they...
    If they can get....
    Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    GPU render, Hair improvement, dynamics improvement, sculpting tools, more character animation tools, modeler deep upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Gpu rendering...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    Heck, I would be happy if I could just ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ritchie View Post
    I still would love instance painting...
    Are we submitting these as feature requests through the best communication system or are we just pointlessly tossing coins into the wishing well of this forum?

https://www.lightwave3d.com/account/report/submit/
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    Are we submitting these as feature requests through the best communication system or are we just pointlessly tossing coins into the wishing well of this forum?

https://www.lightwave3d.com/account/report/submit/
    Personally can't speak for anything but GPU rendering. It's been submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ritchie View Post
    I still would love instance painting. That is, painting instances into a scene, like painting trees and rocks onto a landscape. Don't need anything fancier than that.
    Almost works...using metmorphic and weight paint, I think it should paint in the instances directly if it is set up correctly, but of course..it would be so much better if you didnīt have to use a weight map at all.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast