Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any hint of anew LW coming in 2020?

Come on guys lets get real - all they need to do is get Modeler to NOT croak with dense meshes and it will be a worthy upgrade.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

i seem to have opened the floodgates, as it were. But, I have to agree with Tim, I also wish modeler would handle dense meshes better myself. Models are getting more detailed all the time. I also agree that most of these should be requested as features or enhancements.

Whatever it is i hope the focus is on modeler now.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Gpu rendering has been submitted. By others. Guess another won't hurt.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Gpu rendering has been submitted. By others. Guess another won't hurt.
    Most feature/issue request systems weigh development importance on the quantity of submissions. Developers respond to the thousands of users that all ask for feature "Y" instead of responding to the handful of users that ask for feature "X". There's nothing in this forum that quantifies how many are interested in feature "Y". Only the report system can do that.

Additionally, NT is able to correlate user licenses to feature requests. If NT sees thousands of registered users that have not upgraded from v9 and they're all asking for feature "Y", they can better recognize possible revenue by implementing feature "Y". This forum does not offer that data to NT. Only the report system can do that.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Almost works...using metmorphic and weight paint, I think it should paint in the instances directly if it is set up correctly, but of course..it would be so much better if you didnīt have to use a weight map at all.
    It does work. I use Paint Weights to paint the weight map of my ground plain object and "spay" dozens of different trees and plants into scene with relative ease.

Mine is in.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

UI needs a good UX clean up and standards from 2015 need maintained in 2019 wrt node editor panels.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    and standards from 2015 need maintained in 2019 wrt node editor panels.
    I don't understand. Seems to me they improved the node editor panels from 2015 to 2019. Please explain.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    I don't understand. Seems to me they improved the node editor panels from 2015 to 2019. Please explain.
    they use different methods and new ones don't show in side panel so you have to double click on everything which is incredibly tedious and rsi inducing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ritchie View Post
    I still would love instance painting. That is, painting instances into a scene, like painting trees and rocks onto a landscape. Don't need anything fancier than that.
    I thought there already was a third-party plug-in for that.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcode View Post
    It does work. I use Paint Weights to paint the weight map of my ground plain object and "spay" dozens of different trees and plants into scene with relative ease.
    When I said almost works..as the initial phrase, which was an answer to a whish for instance painting..I did not specificly ment painting with weigth map, I then clarified that you have to use weight maps and can not paint instances without it.
    (unless using Worleys instance placement I think)

So i think your answer to me was answered in a way that actually do not confirm that it works...as I and the other wantīs it to work

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie2Strokes View Post
    I thought there already was a third-party plug-in for that.
    Nope, I believe VeggiePaint effectively died ages ago, and was only for HDI & Kray instancing. It was the only "direct instance painting" solution I recall off-hand for LW, and technically even it wasn't really painting them "inside" LW.

Or perhaps you were thinking of Hurley's "Advanced Placement"? It too offers/offered some direct instance painting abilities, but also isn't quite the same as what's requested above.
    Last edited by jwiede; 10-28-2019 at 11:18 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    they use different methods and new ones don't show in side panel so you have to double click on everything which is incredibly tedious and rsi inducing.
    I agree with you, for me it feels like they are messing up some of the good UI workflow...they need to fix that.
    when you click on a node material, you will not get the settings to the right of the main node panel, if you have that expanded to show such settings, you have to double click on it. (unless fixed from 2019.1.1 to 2019.1.3?)

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Nope, I believe VeggiePaint effectively died ages ago, and was only for HDI & Kray instancing. It was the only "direct instance painting" solution I recall off-hand for LW, and technically even it wasn't really painting them "inside" LW.

Or perhaps you were thinking of Hurley's "Advanced Placement"? It too offers/offered some direct instance painting abilities, but also isn't quite the same as what's requested above.
    But did veggiePaint really used lw instances?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast