Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Any hint of anew LW coming in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    I always thought the UI would have undergone a much larger overhaul by now but there must be some issues slowing this down.
    Yes.

I can not imagine there is a full time UI engineer with this pace of UI changes.

It's not just the broken Properties panel, the whole UI is inefficient and clicky with it's drop down lists and dialog boxes.

The 2019 UI improvements are minor but the list search is very useful.

No way of customizing the UI except some menu entries. More... menus everywhere.

No docking, stacking, context locking, duplicating of UI elements possible which leads to dialog boxes covering the working area and requiring the user constantly moving them around.

No custom Object type in Layout so that all special functionalty more then Object (Mesh), Camera or Light must be held in a Null object. In other software you have all kind of objects available directly in the UI. Prevents plugins from being integrated well and makes working with any special feature inefficient.

The multi object selection very annoying and lets the user guess which elements will be modified.

The most obvious UI issue in my opinion (very noticable and disturbing for users of other apps) is the horrible OpenGL visualization, mesh and grid aliasing and representation of certain elements.

But maybe we will be surprised soon and there was a major UI overhaul going behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

i miss the old 2015 style, suited me better, less windows, no biggie tho', i'll write an AHK hack.  
    Ideally users would be able to tear off tabs into separate windows and customize things to their liking. I like having them separate then I can leave multiple properties windows open on one side of the screen to see them at all times. I guess it really depends on the way each user prefers to work.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post

But maybe we will be surprised soon and there was a major UI overhaul going behind the scenes.
    I'm hoping for that or at least a really good start to it in LW 2020.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415