Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TERMINATOR-DARK FATE, will it ever terminate?

TERMINATOR-DARK FATE, will it ever terminate?

Well..Ivīe been kind of tired of the Terminator sequels, and the Genisys wasnīt of my liking, the franchise is kind of milked out now, but as we have the miracle of time travel in movies like this and x-men, it can be milked forever until 20-30 years in the future and til I sit there with dementia ..saying, I havenīt seen this before.

Anyway, despite the constant milking and perhaps similar storys with new effects, new small twists etc...some folks is back, that is Linda Hamilton and James cameron.
    I think I already can see the well done part from James himself, And you know what..despite all the years and that Linda isnīt that pretty young woman anymore, her personality or character is stil looking bad ***.

A side note when it comes to be right in the time, since AI and robots seem to be making leaps in development the recent years, the movie may still be able to catch on to the audience, probably more so for the younger audience though.

Keep in mind that this one has Jame Cameron back as a producer and picks up where T2 left off. They basically ignore all the other movies entirely.

From what I'm reading, it's actually pretty good.
    Curtis Rhoads

Desktop: Win10 x64 | i7 3.4GHz | 32GB RAM | GeForce GTX970
    Laptop: Win10 x64 | i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | GeForce GT650M
    Desktop: iMac | i7 3.5GHz | 8GB RAM | GeForce GTX 780M

I'm looking forward to watching it though I don't think it will be the same as T1 / T2.

The only way to get back those old great feelings back when you saw Alien / Terminator / Star Wars for the first time, is a reset push of the brain.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by Vong View Post
    Keep in mind that this one has Jame Cameron back as a producer and picks up where T2 left off. They basically ignore all the other movies entirely.

From what I'm reading, it's actually pretty good.
    Cameron in the production line again, Yes..that is what I said in my previous post.
    From what I am seeing, It looks good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    I'm looking forward to watching it though I don't think it will be the same as T1 / T2.

The only way to get back those old great feelings back when you saw Alien / Terminator / Star Wars for the first time, is a reset push of the brain.

Yup...those three, extremely hard to introduce something new and fresh, while keeping the legacy feel at the same time.

...wondering if those Terminators are up 6:00 am in the morning.  

Last edited by erikals; 10-23-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Cameron in the production line again, Yes..that is what I said in my previous post.
    From what I am seeing, It looks good.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup...those three, extremely hard to introduce something new and fresh, while keeping the legacy feel at the same time.
    i thought the new bladerunner captured the original in an updated way. shame those others you mention don't do the same.

star wars 1-2 amazing ... starting to go down at movie 3 while having some good moments.
    Alien 1-2 amazing...starting to go donw at movie 3 while having some good moments.
    Terminator 1-2 amazing...but went to much south in movie 3 ..even worse than the above mentioned movies.

Blade runner 1 amazing...but I havenīt even watched blade runner 2..which is a bit sad, and I would like to see it on the big screen, will see.

Blade Runner 2..which is a bit sad, and I would like to see it on the big screen, will see.
    I have a 60" plasma, but Blade Runner was made for the Cinema.

tho' 60" plasma, better than those old 21" tube televisions...

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

I have a 60" plasma, but Blade Runner was made for the Cinema.

tho' 60" plasma, better than those old 21" tube televisions...

My brother and I used to watch hockey on 15 by 15 screen monitor on a portable tv receiver, my brother also made a graphic card and controller with joystick so I could draw some basic stuff in colors on it....a bit before amiga came out.

I only got Lg 45 led I think, works better than older tv sets, but not the same thing as Cinema, and above all..itīs not nice in standard edition without sound enhancement boosters, and in this case..sound will be equally important.

For a time, the only TV I had was a 2" black and white camping TV with an internal aerial - it was still enough to be scared by Tooms in the X Files! :O

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    For a time, the only TV I had was a 2" black and white camping TV with an internal aerial - it was still enough to be scared by Tooms in the X Files! :O

B
    Talk about time travel but that must have been 1994 or a little later?
    The last time I recall watching black and white television, somewhere around 1975-77...I must have been around 10 years old, but the moonbase alpha as it was called in sweden (space 1999) was broadcasted at that time, and my older sister who just have moved away from home, she actually got a color tv before my father bought one, he didnīt think it was necessary with a color tv ..so we used to visit my sister on fridays I think, just to be able to watch space 1999 in full color.

B
    LoL, had the same one for some time, but 3"

hah, found it...  

it had that old dust + electrical smell.

LoL, so he was one of "those".  
    Last edited by erikals; 10-24-2019 at 03:12 PM.

It looked something like this: https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5179/5...566c50eb_b.jpg

Bit hard to judge scale, but it should be right (the size of the tape deck compared to the telly).

It's funny because in the place I had before I had my Amiga's old 1084S monitor hooked up to an S-VHS deck for a TV.

B
    PS. The episode was called Squeeze, and aired on the 3rd October 1994, in England. It was one of the first things the woman who was going to be my wife (eventually) and I watched. Even in black and white, on a screen we could barely see, in the dark it was creepy enough for us to need to huddle closely together
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Squeeze
    I remember that one, one of the best episodes imo.  
    Perfect for that Telly.

What a beast of a Television, LoL...

There were two episodes with Eugene Victor Tooms, Squeeze and Tooms. Indeed some of the best x files episodes.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast