Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Houdini drawn hair to Lightwave, seem to work now..though you have to..

This one is interesting, but a commercial plugin it seems, he seems to be laying out standard curves initally, by extending?
    And then weight painting ont he cap for hair, or for the curve meshed, not sure how this was applied on the curve/geometry he initially drew? Ztreem..thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    This one is interesting, but a commercial plugin it seems, he seems to be laying out standard curves initally, by extending?
    And then weight painting ont he cap for hair, or for the curve meshed, not sure how this was applied on the curve/geometry he initially drew? Ztreem..thoughts?

It's says that it is using native tools and hairnet addon. Hairnet is updated and works in 2.8 now.

https://github.com/Jandals/HairNet

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    It's says that it is using native tools and hairnet addon. Hairnet is updated and works in 2.8 now.

https://github.com/Jandals/HairNet
    Ah...I didnīt see hairnet in the video, played a bit fast..and must have missed the description.
    Hairnet I know how to use, have sent Lightwave made guides both from modeler and directly grown with fiberfx, converted to mesh then sent to blender and using hairnet.
    Initially I ghouth he just used both the cap and the curved mesh just for density when weight painting.

Great to see Hairned updated to work in 2.8, will have to install soon then, thanks.

nah, not that big of a deal, do it manually in LightWave, with more control, you'd get a better result.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    nah, not that big of a deal, do it manually in LightWave, with more control, you'd get a better result.

Uhhmm ..I lost the conversation there, you need to guide me back to track to what we talked about.

By the way, I love the Principled hair shader in blender, just to increase melanin to get blonde, red or dark hair without manually having to select color, animatable too I think so that I need to try out for a hair change.
    Also a random color value to get tess variations on the strands.

You can actually have curves as guides in blender if you want.

Quick test.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	curves_hairguides.gif 
Views:	21 
Size:	4.85 MB 
ID:	146890

You can actually have curves as guides in blender if you want.

Quick test.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	curves_hairguides.gif 
Views:	21 
Size:	4.85 MB 
ID:	146890
    Was intrigued, but shouldnīt be surprised since you can push particles with curve guide, so I did a test as well, just added a force/curve guide...and the hair follows...sweet.
    So that is what I am guessing you used right

Meh..you may have used something esle

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Was intrigued, but shouldnīt be surprised since you can push particles with curve guide, so I did a test as well, just added a force/curve guide...and the hair follows...sweet.
    So that is what I am guessing you used right
    Yes. I also added a weight proximity modifier to only emitt hair near the curve object.

Yes. I also added a weight proximity modifier to only emitt hair near the curve object.
    Thanks for that tip.

As for houdini..I think I have misguided some things in the description of it all previously, you seem to need to set density to zero in both hairgroom node and in hairgen node, before you draw with the draw brush.
    Also ..to get the hair getting drawn on the mesh skin tight, in guidedraw node and drawing tab/operation...change to draw on skin..and then in the Guide Advection, you would need to almost set the Skin normal force to zero..almost, a little value is probably needed to get it to not go inside the mesh.
    But itīs really slick to see how smooth it draws on the mesh, you can of course move the brush out from the mesh so it isnīt strictly constrained to the mesh.

As for blender, you could of course use draw splines, on the surface of a head ..after adding a curve to get the draw freehand spline, and then go to the active tool and workspace settings..and change projection depth to surface, so that will allow for the spline to be drawn on the head, later you would have to use hairnet perhaps, or if you can do the same with the curve guide trick, but I donīt think you can use curve guide force here, since it doesnīt have those options like a normal spline curve has.

- - - Updated - - -

Grr...why these constant hang ups and double posts all the time on these forums, whipe it out, replace the hole forum with something else. (except facebook)

Correction...You should be able to use the force curve guide, I forgot to enter edit mode when checking it, the force curve guide has the same option to draw on the surface with projection depth.

Edit...nope...not gonna work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123