Thread: How to restore "Thicken" from the Multiply/Extend menu?

How to restore "Thicken" from the Multiply/Extend menu?

I have lost the "Thicken" procedure from my Muliply/Extend menu on Lightwave 2018.0.6.
    Can anyone tell me how to get the button and procedure back?

Enter Menu -> F10 -> above th 'Command' type 'Thicken' and drug this into the Muliply/Extend menu.

Thanks for your reply.
    When I go into "Ëdit Menu" "Thicken" is not in the list under Muliply/Extend in Lightwave 2018.0.6.
    It is in the list for my copy of Lightwave 2018.0.3.
    So I don't know what to do to regain "Thicken" in 2018.0.6.

Maybe you somehow deleted the Thicken.m plugin from it's folder "support\plugins\model\core_tools\tools" See if it's there, and copy it from your other installation if not found, or reinstall. This is just a guess.

The whole "missing plugin problem" where LW silently drops a plugin every now and then has been occurring for many years now, that's a much more likely cause.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Can't be, it is now in a bundled package- Modeling Tool < Core_Tools.Plugin, it is not a standalone plugin or scrips, rescan the directory Lightwave3D < Support < Plugins, and the go refresh the menus (change the preset drop down menu to any version and then back to default)

Here's another bit of mystery. I've 2019.13 & I have Thicken where I'd expect under the Multiply/Extend menu, but a second Find click also shows it in the MMB menu under Sequence?

Where/what is the Sequence Tab in Modeler?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thicken in MMB Sequence.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	146170
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

same here, but scripts and plugins do not always have the same name in the config menu as they do in the directory on your HD, their name is being pulled from whatever the coder named it as their script not the visible name you see, I would imagine this is some kind of internal thing and refers to the bundled plugin.

Thanks for all the help. "Thicken"is back in my copy of 2018.0.6. Not sure how it happened, but I tried all the suggestions above. I think it might have been the re-scanning. Thanks again.

"Thicken" has disappeared again in 2018.0.6. It appeared in the menu after I followed the suggestions above, but when I opened Lightwave again it was gone> I can see it in Lightwave 2018.0.6 support<plugins<model<core_tools<tools, but I don't see how to get it back in the menu. It has an .m extension ( Thicken.m ). What is an .m file?