Thread: TCXD460 no network preview windows

TCXD460 no network preview windows

Not sure if this is the right section for this, but...

I'm not seeing Network Preview windows on the Live Desktop. I currently have a 4X3 grid of monitors on the left, with larger preview & program on the right. Getting Inputs 1-8 first 2 rows with DDRs & GFXs on the bottom row. None of the options for any of the monitors have any Network input choices. Probably something dumb I'm missing but any info would be welcome!

TCXD460 5-1-190425C

Thanks!
    Fred

Right-click in any of the multi-view windows to select a SOURCE of your choosing to see in that window. All customizable

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Yeah, I tried that. Not seeing Network as a choice...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rt click window.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	3.54 MB 
ID:	146149

"Network" or NET1 - NET2 are not on your switcher, so they will not appear in previews either, they don't exist.

With AE software, ANY of the 8 inputs can be "network" meaning NDI specifically, as the old "network" business is obsolete.

Right click any of the 1-8 buttons on Program row and Configure and you can change from LOCAL # (which is SDI) to an NDI source from the dropdown. Then select that input in multiview/preview

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera

Jeff,
    Does any network input choice even show up in the input source pull-down menu if I don't already have a valid source already attached, such as laptop with iVga or Livetext running?
    I do have NET 1 on the 460 physical control surface, when I press that BFR 1 appears on the live desktop below input 1.

Thanks again!

Fred

Hi Fred,

To clarify, iVGA is dead to the TriCaster these days - NDI is the new "network" option to get video into TriCaster. iVGA sources will NOT work with new software. Even though your CS has "NET" buttons they have been remapped and are no longer "net" sources. You might also notice that AE took your switcher from 4 inputs to 8. Well, technically it was 4 physical and 2 NET so from 6 to 8, but either way lots of changes. I can't speak to exactly what the new mappings are on your CS. There is a utility on the ADMIN page of TriCaster than allows you to reconfigure your switcher buttons.

Rather than running iVGA on a laptop, you will need to run the new NDI Scan Converter app from Newtek, part of the free NDI TOOLS package you can download - https://www.ndi.tv/tools/

With NDI Scan Converter running and proper network connections to TriCaster, that laptop SHOULD show up under Config for ANY of the 8 inputs. Note that network connections on both machines should NOT be set to Public, should be WORK or private else you won't see the source. Maybe the name shows up, but just black video. Not good.

Regarding LiveText, do you have a Version 2 license? If so, it is my understanding that you can download LiveText 3 and use that. During installation, you will have the OPTION to select NDI or iVGA. You MUST select NDI and then LiveText will output NDI that is compatible with newer TriCaster software (which cannot accept iVGA any longer).

I hope this helps

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera

Also, due to the changes in the software and feature set in recent versions, the older CSes have been extensively remapped. There is no longer a "Net 1", so a button labeled Net 1 on an older CS is clearly going to do something different in the new software. These changes are described in TriCaster docs.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    Rather than running iVGA on a laptop, you will need to run the new NDI Scan Converter app from Newtek, part of the free NDI TOOLS package you can download - https://www.ndi.tv/tools/

With NDI Scan Converter running and proper network connections to TriCaster, that laptop SHOULD show up under Config for ANY of the 8 inputs. Note that network connections on both machines should NOT be set to Public, should be WORK or private else you won't see the source. Maybe the name shows up, but just black video. Not good.
    Thanks Jeff, this is certainly the best explanation of why I've been having my issues! I'll install the NDI Scan Converter on a laptop and see if I can make the connection. I already made sure both devices are on the same network, same workgroup set to work, and can ping each other.

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    Regarding LiveText, do you have a Version 2 license? If so, it is my understanding that you can download LiveText 3 and use that. During installation, you will have the OPTION to select NDI or iVGA. You MUST select NDI and then LiveText will output NDI that is compatible with newer TriCaster software (which cannot accept iVGA any longer).
    We are using LiveText version 2, but that laptop is used with a Tricaster Studio and for the time being I want to keep that setup the way it is. We do have a second LiveText we haven't been using, I'll have to try upgrading that to Version 3 and try that with the 460 Advanced Edition.

Thanks again for all your help!

Fred

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Also, due to the changes in the software and feature set in recent versions, the older CSes have been extensively remapped. There is no longer a "Net 1", so a button labeled Net 1 on an older CS is clearly going to do something different in the new software. These changes are described in TriCaster docs.
    Thanks, Steve. I'll be checking out remapping the buttons once I get my connections right!

Fred