Thread: Marvelous Designer 9 is out

Marvelous Designer 9 is out

https://www.marvelousdesigner.com/learn/learnmd9

Existing users presently show a 75% discount to upgrade from MD8 (visible after they log in).
    Last edited by TheLexx; 10-11-2019 at 02:14 AM.

I upgraded last night. I love MD.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    https://www.marvelousdesigner.com/learn/learnmd9

Existing users presently show a 75% discount to upgrade from MD8 (visible after they log in).
    I upgraded too. May I ask what your discounted upgrade price was?

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Like $122, something like that. Same as last year. Not sure what they mean by 75% off, that's the usual upgrade price. Unless they mean that $122 is 75% taken from the purchase price of 500.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    It showed up in dollars as $122.50 on the screen, but because I live in the UK it added an additional $24.50 at checkout because of 20% VAT, so I paid $147.00.
    But odd thing is that the MD email confirmation shows the total $147.00, but the actual Paypal transaction online summary only shows a payment of $122.50 (UK £101.65) and doesn't mention the extra $24.50 VAT figure at all (that I can see), so I'm not sure where that went in reality.
    Last edited by TheLexx; 10-15-2019 at 05:14 AM.

Ah thanks TheLexx, I also paid $122.50.

I picked up ver. 8 a year or so ago but haven't really done anything with it yet, so probably won't upgrade this time. Once my time becomes freed up again, I intend to concentrate on it though. I've a Daz character that even Daz has issues with when it comes to multiple clothing layers.

Nice to know there are some Wavers that might be able to answer questions specific to LW when the time comes.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

I'll probably bite on it here. The new remeshing function looks promising...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

I bought v7 and not used if for like 2 years (beside initial playing) and then it come one project where i needed to create 5 different table cloth sizes/shapes. That job was my perfect time for MD and that made it worth it for saved time comparing to modeling table cloths manually .

v9 looks way more polished and better so maybe i'll wait for black firday and update then .
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Just curious if anyone can recommend any Quick Start or other good introductory videos for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gdkeast View Post
    Just curious if anyone can recommend any Quick Start or other good introductory videos for it.
    Lori Griffiths has some sort of official recognition by the company for her MD teaching ability. Her Youtube here and her proper website training $24.95 per year here (I assume she will update for latest version soon).
    There is CGElves at $99 but I don't think that has been updated for a while.

Also, the YT page has longer clips than what's on the MD site itself: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcD...3kmK_fY6qp8u_Q
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum