Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Giving away source code for a few plugins.

A new one. This is a limits the distance an object can move in it's parent space depending on which channels are selected.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

The one you've all been waiting for.... UV Relax...

Hiya, this one does UV relaxing by the cunning step of mapping the UV's to a morph, smoothing the morph and then mapping the smoothed vertices back to the original UVs. A couple of caveats.

Discontinuous Uv's tend to get drawn to each other (as they share the same point) so you may want to leave them out of any selections. Also, points which directly adjoin D.C. points may be drawn towards the 'wrong' UV for that point, so try to avoid them as well. All other situations should function perfectly though.

Because it creates a morph, although it does empty it after,the morph will still be selected, so you should deselect it before doing further modelling (couldn't find a method of doing this automatically in lscript unfortunately).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dodgy; 08-08-2005 at 10:49 AM.

I'm getting the following error after trying to download the latest attachment
    "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster"

Try it again, I was uploading a newer version....

SpringyThingy Not StickyWicky

Hi, Guys, Dodgy--
    I'm trying to use SpringyThingy V2.5 with LW 8.5 and while it's functioning beautifully, if I quit the scene and try to reload it, I get a "Cannot Access Input File MGSpring21A.LS" prompt, and the SpringyThingy Motion modifier turns into a plain LScript modifier that doesn't do anything. To get SpringyThingy back, I have to load it again and input all parameters. I don't remember having this happen with my versions for 7.5d, so I assume there's something, er, Dodgy with the script. If it were just one or two things I'd just make some pencil notes and do it the hard way, but I'm doing a "Load From Scene" with sixteen objects, each of which have four antennae with SpringyThingy on them and I worry that it will drive me mad. I've tried 2.3 with similar results, and tried having the basic LScript in both the plugins folder and in the LScript folder, since I have no clue if that would make any difference. It didn't.
    Anybody--any recommendations?
    Nick J.

That's odd. Are you running it under the lscript controller, or adding it to lightwave as a plugin and running it that way? I run it as a plugin, and it seems to work fine for me.

Trying it as an Lscript loaded plugin, I get this same problem, so my advice is to add it as a plugin(using the plugin manager), as the procedure for handling relative lscripts seems to be broken.
    Last edited by Dodgy; 04-13-2006 at 04:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    yes thanks
    michael
    Intel Core i7-980, OC 4.7ghz water cooled.
    Gigabyte x58-UD3R with an Intell SSD 180GIG
    RamCorsair-DDR3-1600-32GIG
    Nvidia Titan Z, x 2 And 1 GTX-1080 by Gigabyte.
    4xEnterprise/WDVelociRaptorŪ300gig

Hi, dodgy--
    Thanks for the quick reply! I just woke up and tried your suggestion, but I'm afraid I'm not getting your results. Perhaps I'm not doing it right, since I'm not certain of what you mean by "Plug-In Manager". I loaded the plugin several ways, though.
    1.)Under Utilities>Plugins>Edit Plugins (the f11 interface). There I got a "1 plugin successfully added" prompt.
    2.)Under Utilities>Add Plug-ins. There I got a "2 plugins successfully added" prompt.(huh?)
    3.) I tried the F11 window, "Clear All" and then "Scan Directory".
    On all of these, I would quit LW immediately after loading the plug-ins, restart it and scan the "Edit Plugins" window to make sure the plugs loaded. SpringyThingy appears under "Motion", but scenes with the plug give the same load error. I even tried resaving the scenes after reloading the plug. No luck.

I'll get back to it tonight after work, but I think I might have exhausted my options....Still, one never knows where LW is concerned....

Can you send me a scene? Just the scene, I won't need the objects.
    Thanks...

I'll gladly do so when I get home later tonight. I'm out on a social obligation right now (and sneaking out to check this forum, heh-heh). However, after my initial experience with the unloadability problem, I set up a simple scene with two nulls, one of which moves around a little. The other is linked via SpringyThingy to it, so it does a sort of wobbly dance around it. ST works fine there, but it just doesn't load if I save and reopen the scene.....
    Nick J.

OK, here's a test scene that consistently won't load ST. When loaded and run within a scene, ST works fine, it just won't reload after quitting the scene. All that's going on is I set Null2 to follow Null1.
    Nick J.

Well that loaded perfectly on my pc so I'm well confused...

Hi, Dodgy--
    Well, while I was on the bus into work today, I had the odd idea that perhaps, if relative addressing were a problem, I might help it by setting the Content Directory to the default, and/or moving the scenefile to the scenes folder in the content directory, but, alas, neither worked, alone or in conjunction. Since it worked for you, however, it's obviously my system/configuration/genetics/karma that's at fault and I have to work this one out on my own. I'll let you know if I'm able to solve it, but thanks for all your help and your delightful and valuable plugins!
    Nick J.

HAH! GOT IT!
    The solution turned out to be "re-install the 8.5 update".
    I was thinking that perhaps something might have become subtly corrupt in my Cfg file. Maybe that was it. Whatever. In any case, it works great now......
    Thanks again for all your help!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456