Thread: Tricaster 850 Extreme streaming 2 Vimeo

Tricaster 850 Extreme streaming 2 Vimeo

Hello:

We have a recently acquired (as a donation to our University) a Tricaster 850 Extreme, that we want to stream live to Vimeo with. Problem is, it looks like the "Configure Stream Connection" dialogue on the TC850X is VERY old - the browser window shows only the old IE msg. "This program cannot display the webpage" error msg.

So my question: has anyone used a Tricaster 850 Extreme for live streaming to Vimeo? If yes, can you please explain how it's done? Perhaps there's a patch/plugin that could be used?

Thanks in advance! -J.

You'll need to use the Flash RTMP streaming method on the 850 Extreme. The browser probably won't work at all to get you the Vimeo information. You should be able to get a URL and Stream Key from the Vimeo setup and get that plugged into the TriCaster. In Vimeo, when you create the live event, go to the Connect (RTMP) section and retrieve that information. Hopefully the URL is the same each time and you can maybe copy and paste the key in if you copy it without using the browser. You might be able to get away with putting Firefox on the 850 too, but it'll probably warn you about it every time you start the TriCaster up.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Quote Originally Posted by kltv View Post
    You'll need to use the Flash RTMP streaming method on the 850 Extreme. Kris
    Thanks for your quick reply, Kris. The biggest problem that I see there is that the fattest Flash stream preset is 1280X720 - 2048k. Is there any way that I can build a 1080 profile, or am I limited to 720?

Quote Originally Posted by kltv View Post
    The browser probably won't work at all to get you the Vimeo information. You should be able to get a URL and Stream Key from the Vimeo setup and get that plugged into the TriCaster. In Vimeo, when you create the live event, go to the Connect (RTMP) section and retrieve that information. Hopefully the URL is the same each time and you can maybe copy and paste the key in if you copy it without using the browser. You might be able to get away with putting Firefox on the 850 too, but it'll probably warn you about it every time you start the TriCaster up.
    Kris
    I've already installed Firefox, and all seems to be running without any warnings, so that's good... Kind-of a pain to have to back-out of Live Production & then Tricaster in-order to get to Firefox - but Do-able, oh well.
    Thanks again!

...A thought: I have an extra PC knocking-about; an HP Z-400 (Xeon processor), and also a Blackmagic Designs Decklink mini recorder.
    Would it make any sense to load Vimeo's complementary Studio 5 software, run it with 1 input (my Tricaster), & use that as a streaming appliance... or is this overkill?

Those systems topped out at 720p streaming. I don't think they got to 1080 until later in the software/hardware lineup. Depending on what kind of content you are producing, you may find that to be sufficient. If not, your idea of doing a separate encoding computer is certainly do-able. You can take the output of the TriCaster into a BlackMagic box and stream from there if that gives you a better resolution with a higher bit rate. I wouldn't consider it overkill if you want the extra oomph. Especially if it isn't a portable setup and you don't have to move it around or anything.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52