Thread: Help/advice for creating Tricaster 8000 SE sessions

Help/advice for creating Tricaster 8000 SE sessions

Hi, I'm writing to ask for advice.

For a few days now a HDD disk of my Tricaster 8000 has been making problems and moreover the session is taking a long time to open and initialize: the screens remain in black for more than a minute, you can only see the mouse

I bought a 1TB SSD to replace the defective drive. I would like to recreate a new 1080i PAL and set it up like this:

1. On the SSD disk (D only for the session: files, stills
    2. On the HDD disc (E only for record the program in high quality (Quick Time 4:2:0)
    3. On the HDD disc (F only for record the program in H264 for our customers

What do you think of this setting? Do you have a suggestion for solving the slowness of the session opening? I cloned the session, I deleted all the files and unfortunately it still takes a long time to open,

Thank you

Have you simply tried creating a NEW session? If the original has corruption, when you clone it the problems (if any) will come with since it is the same Session again.

I have no personal experience with changing system drives in TC, but in general you can connect the new drive and use the CREATE USER BACKUP option from RESTORE menu to clone the system drive to new drive before replacement.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Thank you, Jeff, for your answer. I created a new session in 1080i PAL. Unfortunately the opening of the session takes a long time. When the Tricaster is turned off until the session initializes completely, it takes more than 3 minutes.
    The session is completely empty.
    Instead, the speed and opening time change when I create a session in 720 (it's a bit more than 2 minutes).
    Do you have any ideas to help me?
    I've seen that the Tricaster has 8 GB of RAM, I'd like to increase the capacity but I'm not sure how much it supports the motherboard.
    Mari

RAM isn't your issue. I'm not sure what it is, but the memory that included with TriCaster is enough for it to do everything it can do. Adding more RAM isn't going to make it to something more.

I'd remove all but one hard drives and test. You could have a bad drive that is causing performance issues across the board.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thank you. I have a new 1TB SSD drive that I can use to do the test you suggested.
    I remove the other 4 hard disks provided by NewTek (HDD) and do a test by creating a new session with the new SSD disk.
    I'll write to you later
    Thank you.