Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Ai !

Hello Ai !

Let the games begin...

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Smart People Do!   

one of the better general videos on Ai imo.
    Last edited by erikals; 10-03-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Smart People Do!   

one of the better general videos on Ai imo.
    Iīm sorry erikals, that wasnīt me posting the previous post, that was my designed AI robot, programmed to answer any post you do with some intelligent comments, if any comment isnīt perceived as intelligent..that could have been me
    ...and you know this is me now..since I will give you an emotion smiley

Leīts hope the AIīs love cats, or else..

AI might end up being quite static when it comes to feelings, one of the very worrisome aspects.

Last edited by erikals; 10-03-2019 at 06:39 PM.

AI might end up being quite static when it comes to feelings, one of the very worrisome aspects.
    LOL, yeah...scary if you think of it this way, for them to understand humans and feeling, they may need to experience feelings...and thus we may need to implement a set of tools to experience feelings, and that could of course be dangerous as well as having positive sides I guess.

A mental breakdown from AI mechas that canīt handle the complexity of feelings, then again..that is kind of describing us humans very well...

A Great Example !  
    Yes indeed, how would that work ?

and these >
    1. will it "snap" and then destroy life ?
    2. if it "snaps" can it come back to "sense" ?
    3. if it thinks everything is relative, will it even care about it's own future ?
    4. will it eventually be destroyed by its own power as the power grows out of control ? (King Midas)
    5. will it make backups of itself and will those generate "offspring" ?
    6. if it calculates 1-2-3-4-5, what will its conclusion be ?

i'm wish i had more power to process these questions...

some say that this is why we haven't seen alien life, since intelligent life is bound to destroy itself.
    like a foam bubble on water that eventually is forced to pop, or, Tears in Rain.

an inevitable cycle...

Last edited by erikals; 10-03-2019 at 07:04 PM.

A Great Example !  
    Yes indeed, how would that work ?

and these >
    1. will it "snap" and then destroy life ?
    2. if it "snaps" can it come back to "sense" ?
    3. if it thinks everything is relative, will it even care about it's own future ?
    4. will it eventually be destroyed by its own power as the power grows out of control ? (King Midas)
    5. will it make backups of itself and will those generate "offspring" ?
    6. if it calculates 1-2-3-4-5, what will its conclusion be ?

i'm wish i had more power to process these questions...

some say that this is why we haven't seen alien life, since intelligent life is bound to destroy itself.
    like a foam bubble on water that eventually is forced to pop, or, Tears in Rain.

I donīt think intelligent life some levels above our current state would destroy itself, at such point I would guess they are intelligent enough to avoid it.
    I think I had a discussion here with rebel hill as well about why we do not see alien life in our SETI searches, something about running out of fossile fuel..and we had an awkward discussion about how that could be possible.
    Anyway, such huge distances, and it would also have ment the need for a civilisation to have appeared long before hours, and the universe takes itīs time to create planets.

If there is civilisations in any nearby time frame as hours, that would probably be doomed to find any signals from, the span of possibly life on any of the star systems within the range of 60 lightyears doesnīt really excite, how many stars could we expect have life at all ..and and how many would have evolved to a certain level of intelligence that can produce advanced machines.

approximate 4,54 billions of years for the age of the earth, and we only have rose to the stage of civilisation in a couple of thousands of years, and only listen on the skies for 60 years or so?
    The complexity of the circumstances needed for life to rise, and also to be sustaining long enough, may be of such magnitude that what many scientist believe according to their maths around the odds for life on other planets, may be highly excessive, no one knows for sure..that is for sure..unless you are an alien walking on the streets here on earth today

Personally..I kind of get the feeling that it may be just that, extremely hard for the universe to have life working ...I can not back these "assertments" up in anyway..more a feeling, but I know too little about it.
    Though at the same time we seem to find signs of certain circumstances that required for life seem to be out there in multitude, and thus it may be to expect that there are quite a lot of planets with life, that is however one thing, to sustain and live long enough to get transmissions out in the air, and also happen in the short span we have listen to the skies, that is another thing.

What if we are alone as life in our galaxy, probably not likely...tiny organism, vegetation etc..then some kind of basic animal life, I am sure is out there in our galaxy, but life reaching our stage or further as a civilisation, hmm..doubtful at least.
    Not sure we even can count with a good estimation on how many stars we actually have in our galaxy 200-400 billions, and the difference between what is really makes a difference in calculating chances of life, as well as it is a huge difference in the actual state of life within that.

As for AI, all organism have through billions of years..evolutinary been developed with instincts to survive, foremost transforming energy to keep living, feeding and creating offspring...and in a hostile environment which sort of needs reactions of fear of not being able to reach itīs goal, a machine will never have that going for them, unless we try to simulate it within them with sensory capabilities to do so, like...oh, my battery is low..I better slaughter my neigbour and steel his battery

I highly intelligent machine, or alien life...if we do not pose any threat to them..or for other animals or the planet in whole as in ..destroying it with pollution etc, then I can not see why they should feel threatened by us and why they should even consider viping us out.

But as a certain Agent in the Matrix said, we have similar pattern to that of a virus and is a plague, the machines (may) be the cure

Every living being is motivated to survive and will go at vast lenghts to do so, unless under depression and suicidal that is.
    I donīt think a machine can have such motivation unless given such motivation..but such motivation can come in many forms in how we construct the machines.
    I wonder if a machine yet not having emotions, could reason to a degree where it comes to a conclusion to wipe us out...and that without having the notion of fear for us? a completely different story if they are given such
    emotions to deal with, perhaps AI can, given the notion if they have the priority to save as much life as possible on earth, then mankind may be in the way for such priorities..and even though they do not fear us, they may come to that conclusion.

4 year lifespan? for AI

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Iīm sorry erikals, that wasnīt me posting the previous post, that was my designed AI robot, programmed to answer any post you do with some intelligent comments, if any comment isnīt perceived as intelligent..that could have been me
    ...and you know this is me now..since I will give you an emotion smiley

Oh my. What a thought: AI vs FI, as in Feline Irrationality.

Sound like a movie script in there somewhere.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

I donīt think intelligent life some levels above our current state would destroy itself, at such point I would guess they are intelligent enough to avoid it.
    I think I had a discussion here with rebel hill as well about why we do not see alien life in our SETI searches, something about running out of fossil fuel..and we had an awkward discussion about how that could be possible.
    Cool, i should read that one.  
    found it > https://forums.newtek.com/archive/in.../t-132666.html

4 year lifespan? for AI
    it's possible. I also assume they are further ahead at the different companies without revealing it.

I think I had a discussion here with rebel hill as well about why we do not see alien life in our SETI searches, something about running out of fossil fuel..and we had an awkward discussion about how that could be possible.
    link > https://forums.newtek.com/archive/in.../t-132666.html

4 year lifespan? for AI
    it's possible. I also assume they are further ahead at the different companies without revealing it.

But as a certain Agent in the Matrix said, we have similar pattern to that of a virus and is a plague, the machines (may) be the cure
    the danger is that at one point in Ai's timeline, and it will be at the early stage, Ai will have to consider what to do about humans.
    Ai would early on make this flowchart > "Right now i'm weak, Humans could wipe me out, What should i do?"

And at a time, there will probably be Hundreds of these Ai machines around the world, will they All reach the same conclusion ?

People should make flowcharts to figure this out, but no one seems to take action.
    Elon Musk is right in that regard. The government takes action once something goes terribly wrong. Not before.

Lets hope luck is on our side, and that Ai choose to transform into the best version possible of Stevie Wonder.

Last edited by erikals; 10-04-2019 at 03:02 AM.

link > https://forums.newtek.com/archive/in.../t-132666.html

the danger is that at one point in Ai's timeline, and it will be at the early stage, Ai will have to consider what to do about humans.
    Ai would early on make this flowchart > "Right now i'm weak, Humans could wipe me out, What should i do?"

And at a time, there will probably be Hundreds of these Ai machines around the world, will they All reach the same conclusion ?

People should make flowcharts to figure this out, but no one seems to take action.
    Elon Musk is right in that regard. The government takes action once something goes terribly wrong. Not before.

Lets hope luck is on our side, and that Ai choose to transform into the best version possible of Stevie Wonder.

No..that wasnīt the thread where Rebel Hill and I discussed fossile fuel for civilizations to grow, at least I couldnīt find that discussed there, and I didnīt recognize the titel either, I think I started the thread as well, so we probably have
    a lot more of that topic..not surprisingly.

In that thread you linked, I do agree with Rebel Hill as well..if he hasnīt changed his mind, I also kind o believe we might be the first, perhaps the only civilization in our galaxy, given the time span it seems to have taken to create the universe, our solar system..our planet, basic life forms and up till more advanced life forms, then yet other steps to evolve in to a civlization that can construct similar radio devices that we could pick up on, and also doing this in a fairly similar time span so we do not miss eachother in time, Of course it may be entire possible for a solarsystem and planet and a civilization to have grown much much earlier, but it could probably just be the opposite, that we are among the very first or in fact the first.
    A bit of boring perhaps, but if so..we also donīt have to worry about getting invaded the fourth of July, we just need to find other planets to live on..once this planet is done.

As for flowcharts, well..yeah, they may need to start do research on how AI possibly would be given control to make own decisions, how it will learn itself..what kind of moral they may adapt, what kind of instincts and emotion they will be either given or possibly
    learn by themself.
    Another interesting perspective is how they would interact with themself and other species.

And No...I am not sure we should hope for AI elements to transforms in to the best version of Stevie Wonder, listening to "I just called to say I love you" all day long...that would kill me

Speech, not quite there, interesting never the less...

Speech, not quite there, interesting never the less...
    Cool...arnie, freeman, David ..those were the only ones I knew and also recognized to be somewhat close...but there is a distinct vibrato feel in the synthesized voice, for everyone of those.

Personally I could use somekind of vocal harmonizer or a distortion tool to enhance my own voice when doing narratives on tutorials, I am not fond of my own voice..so maybe a tute with some kind of arnold voice, Jaa....or Morgan Freeman or David A..all those are always fun to listen to.

Christoffer Walken, Sean Connery, James Earl Jones, Anthony Hopkins, liam neeson...classic voices that inspires,
    Maybe a runner up would be Michael Fassbender, which voice I have come to like quite a bit.
    Edit...forgot Hugo Weaving.

I should throw in some female vocals as well, starting with Sigourney Weaver, Kate Blanchet, Judi Dench.

So which voice to choose for narratives of tutorials, and which voice should wake you up in the morning giving you the news and the weather forecast? ...surely not Arnold going....Get ap..Get ap, you hav to doo 200 abs in de moorning.

And which voices should we have to read the community forum posts? ...with a great voice?
    Outside the actors studio, I could actually think of William Vaughan...or my favourite Carl Sagan.

Winona Ryders voice as an advanced toaster in Alien Resurrection..when entering the Father Mainframe, wasnīt that impressive unfortunately.

Speaking of Fassbender and AI..

So which voice to choose for narratives of tutorials, and which voice should wake you up in the morning giving you the news and the weather forecast? ...surely not Arnold going....Get ap..Get ap, you hav to doo 200 abs in de moorning.
    LoL, yeah  

But it 10-20 more years, and we won't be able to tell the difference.  

Speaking of Fassbender and AI..
    Wish i got to see the final Alien movie that ends Fassbender's tale.  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast