Thread: Add OpenVDB in LW SDK programming to support Third pary 3D Rendering

Add OpenVDB in LW SDK programming to support Third pary 3D Rendering

Not sure but I would like to see for adding OpenVDB in LW SDK to program and to support for external 3D Rendering that would be speed up to access and to export great gases and liquids

well..yes ..why not.
    I just had a go at the disney vdb cloud asset
    ..and even with the half sized dataset..it renders too darn slow...at least compared to the primitive volume type, and it's a pain to tweak scattering and other channels.

As a primitive, I suppose you can evaluate it with LWPrimitive,
    with the Item ID you get the LWPrimitiveEvaluatorID,
    its flag says if it is solid or gaz, then you have several volume functions,
    for ray marching through,
    I suppose also that bounds is what you need first for the renderer.

Or knowing that OPenVDB is open source,
    make your own with a LWPrimitive handler.

Denis.

I see what you mean Denis, thank you for more info and I will do what i can make to my renderer

Quote Originally Posted by 3dslider View Post
    I see what you mean Denis, thank you for more info and I will do what i can make to my renderer
    Do you have any initial images or output from LW passing regular geometry items and "LW Cycles" material definitions to Cycles, where Cycles then renders it?

You'll likely want to get that basic LW:Cycles binding infrastructure up and operating end-to-end with "regular" LW objects and scenes first, before worrying much about "exotic" LW entities like fibers or volumetrics. Rendering LW "exotics" like fibers and volumetrics will implicitly rely on the efficiency of the basic LW:Cycles binding infrastructure, due to the dependencies present.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Do you have any initial images or output from LW passing regular geometry items and "LW Cycles" material definitions to Cycles, where Cycles then renders it?

You'll likely want to get that basic LW:Cycles binding infrastructure up and operating end-to-end with "regular" LW objects and scenes first, before worrying much about "exotic" LW entities like fibers or volumetrics. Rendering LW "exotics" like fibers and volumetrics will implicitly rely on the efficiency of the basic LW:Cycles binding infrastructure, due to the dependencies present.
    Yeah i do for first to work with object and scenes before as fiber and volumetric but i work as well as both to advance something, i work a lot on that but i miss the time too lol due from my job. I would be afraid that the release of beta is not ready before 2020 and i will see if it is coming. If LW 2020 offer better for exchange SDK for 3D Rendering third party i will be more happy than that