Thread: Tricaster Preview Clean Feed

Tricaster Preview Clean Feed

I would like to see a preview clean feed. Right now we have a DSK coming in from input 8 and going out to output 2. We're using the program clean feed option which is great but we don't need to see the DSK on the preview all the time because we can see when it's on output 2. It just gets in the way on preview. Love the product though.

Thank You!

Which model TC, and which software, like Standard or AE?

And please clarify, WHERE do you want to see the Preview Clean - main interface, or an external display?

If you have an unused M/E, you could color group the Main switcher's Preview row to the M/E so that the M/E source mirrors that selected on Preview row, but watching the M/E would not have any key applied. That would be one way.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

I think there may be some misunderstanding of what the "Look Ahead" preview is intended to do. It will only show DSKs that are delegated, which is what it is designed for. I'm not sure why you'd want to defeat that?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I think there may be some misunderstanding of what the "Look Ahead" preview is intended to do. It will only show DSKs that are delegated, which is what it is designed for. I'm not sure why you'd want to defeat that?
    I think what he is saying is that when the DSK is on output (and not delegated) you would see it on preview, because it would stay on the screen if you only transitioned the background.

I'm a fan of the look ahead preview as well, but I think this is what he is asking for.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Not at a system to try this but - If you have a spare ME set your main switcher Preview to a color blue etc. Then in the ME set program to follow blue. Then set the preview box to show the ME (that is following your preview but shouldn't have the DSKs on it)?