Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Viper

Hello. Feeling pretty silly, even bordering on stupid right now, but can anyone tell me how to enable viper and then launch it. I'm running LW 2019.1.2 on a mac. I've looked through all the menus and I can't find the enable button and then there use to be a button Viper F7

Any help is appreciated. I do remember that you u need to render a frame to give Viper data.

I'm trying to create some animated backgrounds using the texture editor with procedural textures like ripple.

Wort

Viper is no more there since LW2018,
    but you have VPR, without screen size limitation,
    you can even select the background buffer if you want,
    you get also a draft mode like the old Viper previewer.

Denis.

Ah, Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by robertn2k View Post
    Hello. Feeling pretty silly, even bordering on stupid right now, but can anyone tell me how to enable viper and then launch it. I'm running LW 2019.1.2 on a mac. I've looked through all the menus and I can't find the enable button and then there use to be a button Viper F7

Any help is appreciated. I do remember that you u need to render a frame to give Viper data.

I'm trying to create some animated backgrounds using the texture editor with procedural textures like ripple.

Wort
    as Denis said, viper is gone in 2018-2019.

You ar not entirely correct about viper in 2015 and the need to render a frame, that is valid for surfaces, but if you use textured environment or hypervoxels sprites..you do not need to hit render to retreive the data, it will show up automaticly once you activate hypervoxels or texture environment and you just click on preview/make preview and it will preview render the elements..then click on play and you will see it playing.

But that was for 2015, VPR is a bit different, it takes a bit longer to setup the make preview, you first activate VPR in the desired viewport, then go down to the animation bar, there you will have the preview and make preview options, and also options for what codec to use.

There is more than that, in general options you can in the display menu undock the preview window.. and set a specified size as well.

I've given my VPR a hot key - F8.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    I've given my VPR a hot key - F8.
    Default is ctrl-F9, but if I can.. I try to avoid using double tangents when I do not have to, the initial in VPR " V is as good as any for me anyway..it isnīt occupied by a command in layout either, so mine is mapped to that.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Default is ctrl-F9, but if I can.. I try to avoid using double tangents when I do not have to, the initial in VPR " V is as good as any for me anyway..it isnīt occupied by a command in layout either, so mine is mapped to that.
    I'm still old school LW and change my ctrl-v to v. I hate hitting those extra keys.
    Last edited by Tim Parsons; 09-26-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

I'm still old school LW and change my ctrl-v to v. I hate hitting those extra keys.
    In other words, the same as I did...and the same as I do.

I would like to see VPR develop a bit though, saving images with the current scenefile name..as an option to choose from , and pause and restart rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    In other words, the same as I did...and the same as I do.

I would like to see VPR develop a bit though, saving images with the current scenefile name..as an option to choose from , and pause and restart rendering.
    I was delirious, didnīt notice that you Tim... already said you had VPR to another key and mixed that up, so no...my ctrl-v for paste isnīt changed yet, and I can not change it to "v" either as I did assign that to viper, the thing is..changing that sort of "universal" shortcut would affect how I work in photoshop, krita and many other programs..so personally I feel I may be better of not changing it,
    I could perhaps change it to the intial associated with paste..which is "p" but that may screw up things when working in modeler and I would need another shortcut for create poly.

Unfortunately..I can not be totally consistent in the approach of shortucts based on the initial in the tool, I often use bridge, and bevel..so One of them needs a double key in such case, or a completely different letter o function key.

I'm the same. cut/copy/paste is X, C, V. Save is S. Ctrl+V is Set Value. Undo/Redo are U/Shift+U. The two I add myself are Shift+B for Bridge and L for Select Loop.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    I'm the same. cut/copy/paste is X, C, V. Save is S. Ctrl+V is Set Value. Undo/Redo are U/Shift+U.
    Yay! We win!
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

It was a good move on NT's part to change those common short cut keys to more of an industry standard, but with over 20 years of using LW I just like the x,c,v for cut, copy and paste like it was when I started using LW. (Also u for undo etc. etc..) Surprisingly it doesn't mess me up with other apps.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

It was a good move on NT's part to change those common short cut keys to more of an industry standard, but with over 20 years of using LW I just like the x,c,v for cut, copy and paste like it was when I started using LW. (Also u for undo etc. etc..) Surprisingly it doesn't mess me up with other apps.
    If I would guess, I am not a brain scientist..
    After working with ligthwave for a week.. a few hours aday, then switching to work with another software, I am guessing that initially you would accidently try and use the shortcuts recently used in Lightwave, but perhaps only for a short initial phase where you then re-route and activate other areas of your brain..since that is what is required and that is what it is calling for in the brain neural network, once it is triggered to the right traffic roads, it contnues to use those roads so to speak when working with that particular software and itīs set of shortcuts....that is me guessing

I just have VPR on my "Back" mouse button. The same button deselects selected geometry in Modeler.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    I just have VPR on my "Back" mouse button. The same button deselects selected geometry in Modeler.

B
    Haha my "back" mouse button is Deselect.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast