Hello World!

omg...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

No doubt...

Chin hanging low, mouth open...

Hell, wish I could do that stuff.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB DDR4-2666
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core (64 cores avail)

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Hell, wish I could do that stuff.
    Unless crippled in someway, that shouldnīt be hard at all..not even for a fatbelly like me nowadays, just one day of training..or two, except for the 360 degree spinaround in the end, that will be tricky.
    Now..for companionship in my home at very old age, I need it to be able to change diapers, brush my teath and wash me..and it has to know the difference between putting the brush in to the mouth, and the diapers to my a..ss, and not do it the otherway around, that wonīt be funny for me..perhaps for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Unless crippled in someway, that shouldnīt be hard at all..not even for a fatbelly like me nowadays, just one day of training..or two, except for the 360 degree spinaround in the end, that will be tricky.
    Now..for companionship in my home at very old age, I need it to be able to change diapers, brush my teath and wash me..and it has to know the difference between putting the brush in to the mouth, and the diapers to my a..ss, and not do it the otherway around, that wonīt be funny for me..perhaps for someone else.
    I'm in the upper 60's. Hence, why I wish I could do those things. Parkour might be challenge, but I might try wall climbing.

However work-wise, there are twenty-somethings that have trouble keeping up with me. I do motion picture production work here in Hollywierd.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB DDR4-2666
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core (64 cores avail)

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    I'm in the upper 60's. Hence, why I wish I could do those things. Parkour might be challenge, but I might try wall climbing.

However work-wise, there are twenty-somethings that have trouble keeping up with me. I do motion picture production work here in Hollywierd.
    yeah, you may soon sit in the Lightwave elders council ..
    And old age, forgot about that..but donīt worry..I will soon get there to understand what you mean

Actually, now when I am turning 54 on 24th of october, I am reflecting on my body health a bit, I know that at the age of 44 I didnīt have any issues with balance, and just until a few years ago..I didnīt have any feelings of my limbs getting stiff..but now it feels more and more as the years are growning on me, and the very fact that I am not excercising and walking enough is of course hitting me brutaly with such reactions.
    I need to do some balance excercises, better late than never....to bad I am not fond of dancing, I think that would be good for the balance..if I only had a robogirl to dance with, thatīs all she need to do

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    yeah, you may soon sit in the Lightwave elders council ..
    And old age, forgot about that..but donīt worry..I will soon get there to understand what you mean

Actually, now when I am turning 54 on 24th of october, I am reflecting on my body health a bit, I know that at the age of 44 I didnīt have any issues with balance, and just until a few years ago..I didnīt have any feelings of my limbs getting stiff..but now it feels more and more as the years are growning on me, and the very fact that I am not excercising and walking enough is of course hitting me brutaly with such reactions.
    I need to do some balance excercises, better late than never....to bad I am not fond of dancing, I think that would be good for the balance..if I only had a robogirl to dance with, thatīs all she need to do
    I thought all you Swedes were into table tennis. If not find a club and get active - its a great sport.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

or Tennis, here, Björn Borg

"He is a popular underwear"
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I hate tennis - too much running - moderator please delete the above post.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    I thought all you Swedes were into table tennis. If not find a club and get active - its a great sport.
    Swedes in general is in to pocket tennis
    only a small elite in the 90īs and in to year 2000 was top players, and the swedish team won over china several years in a row, amazing period with one of our greates athlete jan ove waldner (ranked four as top athlete ever in sweden)
    Amazing what he could do with his racket, but then the whole team was fantastic, they made it their task to take on china for real and thus invested much much more in training than ever before at that time.

But those days are gone, same with ordinary tennis, from borg, wilander, edberg..great times but gone and we havenīt been able to sustain that kind of team.

yeah, table tennis is fun, however..I always lost to my father so I kind of lost the interest after that, I was better at badminton..which by the way I feel is providing a better training, but I have lost contact with some friends a former girlfriend etc, but sure there are still folks around me I could ask.

And we got floorball, a popular sport for everyone, many folks from workplaces are often teaming up and have a go at it, and also a sport that we swedes been good at for quite a while, my former co-worker and closest boss, he is around 64 now, and in much better shape than me, and he always play floorball once a week, floorball is fun, just a stick and ball and some kind of net, and a couple of folks, and a little sense of stickhandling of course.
    Good for old Nhl timers like colorado player Peter Forsberg as well..he loves it..and less strain on his still bad foot, the clip is in english..

But apart from powerwalking, badminton may be best since it only requires two people to gather up, the recent years I have had problems with my foot, mortons neurom..which mean I can only go for 35 minutes before I start to limp, and it hearts the whole night after that, itīs been better now though, new better shoes so I can go longer and longer now.
    But..as Arnold says, the first place it stays on is the abs, and the first place it leaves is the abs...not sure if it is entirely correct, so he says, you do not get up without having done your 200 situps.

So next, NHL games for robots?

I hate tennis - too much running - moderator please delete the above post.
    The problem is if you train or just play for fun with a friend, and You are way better on returning the shots in a decent length, but your friend on the other side do not know how to return the shots back at equal length, then you suddenly have to run to the net because of a too short shot from your friend, normally in a game you then would kill the ball if your at the net and can do so, but no..since itīs just for fun..you return it nicely, and then you find your friend shoting too long all the way to the baseline, and you have to run back and try to return it nicely again...all that running will kill you within a couple of minutes, but hey..it may be good for you, though not so fun to play really, in badminton it is kind of easier to adapt and change direction back and forth and being able to catch up with the feather ball.

So agree..if you do not have a friend just as good as you are ..too much running.
    I loved to watch those games between Borg and McEnroe, and loved to see both guys..they where unique, fire and ice.
    A nice documentary, and so nice to see their respect for eachother, and a friendship that is still lasting till this day..
    After that period of swedish success, and when that dropped..I kind of lost interest in following tennis.

Never heard of floor ball, but it looks like broom ball. Hockey with brooms. Too much running. Tables tennis you move back and forth 3-4 feet (1 meter). Robot playing table tennis.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

Never heard of floor ball, but it looks like broom ball. Hockey with brooms. Too much running. Tables tennis you move back and forth 3-4 feet (1 meter). Robot playing table tennis.
    Funny..and interesting how some sports do not make it to various countries, I remember from first class and gymnastics lessons as it was called, was in fact not so much gymnastics, but more just football..and at first class when I was 6 years old as in my avatar..we got to play floorball almost every other gym lesson, that is sort of 47 years ago.

But we do not have american football in the schools, at least I do not think it is included, it has never made it to the general public in sweden, not many of us finds it exciting nor understand it.
    Running Was fun, not so much no..I do not like ordinary running without a ball, so when I was a kid it was mostly "football in swedish" that is soccer, was in a little team in my neighbourhood, think I started at the age of 5 years old, but left around 9-10 since I got bad sight and thus needed glasses, I was otherwise good at nailing the ball with the head..so that kind of destroyed it when there was no lenses around.

Floorball is a lot of running, but itīs fast to play so you just have your attention on passing and scoring etc, and not really thinking of the running..until the end of the game when you may feel the urge to puke you know you have exhausted yourself totally.

Soccer was fun too, but only as long as I could play the game as young, I really donīt like to watch soccergames that much, with some exceptions when it comes to national games that really matters in world cup, even though I didnīt play hockey when I was young, (had a hard time feeling good on the skates) I enjoy a good nhl game..or olympic or world championships the most when it comes to watching any sport, I wish I could have played it though, itīs fast,elegant and often extremely dramatic and it can swing so fast in the game.
    So hockey is my favourite to watch anyway.

On later years Ivé been enjoying watching cross-country skiing, mostly because the rivalary between Norway and Sweden, and mostly watching the ladies team..but I wouldnīt say that would inspire me to go out and actually move those legs on a cold winterday.

Swimming could perhaps be something, havenīt swimmed for ages, not even in our lakes..in pools there is too much chlorine which I am allergic too.

A little tribute to Waldner, magic shots...fun to see him take it as a casual walk in the park at 1:55, he made several of those in his carrier.

Jan was the first western hero in China. He was a god in most Chinese eyes. What an awesome player.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

Jan was the first western hero in China. He was a god in most Chinese eyes. What an awesome player.
    He is probably more famous and respected in China than in sweden actually..which may seem a bit odd, but they recognize him differently..Table tennis mean and ment more for all those almost 1.4 billions in china than for around 9 millions in sweden, and maybe because of that..considering how many players they can foster from when they are young VS a little country like sweden, and here he comes along and wins two individual gold medal in world championship, one gold in olympics, and four world championships gold medal together with the national team.

An extreme kinematic sense and spacial awareness..in the likes of McEnroe for the bigger tennis type.

I think he at one time in 2000 was ranked as Swedens nr 4 biggest athlete, behind Björn Borg who took the first place, ingemar stenmark took second place, ingmar johansson took third place thanks to his win in heavy weight boxing, and then Waldner.

Hard to compare athletes, I mean, I donīt care much for boxing, Personally I have a hard time accepting it as sport, even though it can be exciting to watch, so Ingo I fail to see as one of hour greatest, but it had such impact at that time.
    Björn borgs merit was great as well, and special to watch..but I think I would place Ingemar Stenmark as NO1, he was simply so superior they had to change how they count wins etc..so that he wouldnīt be so superior, and he was the first and only Athlete in sweden that stopped schools, and work places...and everyone was okay with it, when he was about to skate down those hills..television sets was brought in to the classrooms and sweden stood still those minutes.
    And it was a bit insane seeing him maybe having a less good first run in the hills, so he was behind some seconds, then he goes out and wins in the second race with several seconds..unbelievable.

Nowadays itīs all about zlatan..over here, though his prime time has passed, and some folks hold him up there as nr1, canīt say I do, I would even put peter forsberg ranked as before zlatan.
    Soccer is the world largest sport globally, so sure..I can give Zlatan credit, and some goals he does is amazing, but canīt say I see him as the best soccerplayer in his time, Peter Forsberg on the other hand, at some given periods in the NHL, when he was on top of his game..I think he was the best NHL player in the world at some periods at that time, dominating the Game, and that with one bad eye, he could barely see with one eye, and a bad foot constantly messing with him, had he also been more like, Iīm gonna leave the defense to the defense, he would have put up awesome numbers in scoring and in assist.

One athlete that I am highly impressed with the latest years, that is Norways Therese Johaug and what she does on the tracks in Cross-country skiing, it really is sick how good and superior she is, nevermind
    the dope tragedy, yeah..sure, very stupid of her to not be more careful and just rely on her medical staff, but I do not think it was an intentional dope situation...though the federation that deals with it seeīs it differently.

I thought to myself, either she will break and give up her carrier, or she will become so p...ssed, that she will come back stronger than ever, and that is of course what she did, so I was happy to see her win in such magnificent style, even though she beat our swedish ladies most of the times.

That was all too much fandom of swedish and nordic athletes, what am I missing Federer?

And this thread needs more robotopics to stear on to the right topics, sorry for this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast