Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In the need of a few good Betatesters.

Beta testing has begun!
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

Not publicly. I will ping you on skype.
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    www.liberty3d.com

Congratulations to Adam Gibson for running the first external (although closed beta) tests through Hyperion!
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    www.liberty3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by djlithium View Post
    Congratulations to Adam Gibson for running the first external (although closed beta) tests through Hyperion!
    hey, post a preview teaser.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by djlithium View Post
    Indeed so, and congratulations also to myself for not going insane with suspense wondering what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Indeed so, and congratulations also to myself for not going insane with suspense wondering what it is...
    All in due time, but we are making good progress in ensuring all the functionality is smooth and it work pretty much out of the box as much as we can so that any level of user can make use of it for when the time comes. Hopefully that will be soon here. I want to get it out of the beta testing phase and make it available to everyone as soon as possible. We have a lot of work to do on our end and its now a bit of a race for me as I put everything I have (financially, connections, favors, strings, the works, its all going into this) into this to make it happen, an while it is intended to make money there is a neat twist to it and that comes in phases. However, users may be able to make use of it freely in a way that has just materialized due to the flexibility in terms of how it works over all. It has some very interesting qualities that could be made out to be really killer for users and 3rd developers at the same time. This isn't really a stretch beyond its original design/purpose. I've always had some of these functions in the back of my head dating back to 2005 - 08 where I spent a huge amount of time researching stuff that was a natural extension of one of the now forgotten facts/selling points of LightWave3D. Making that selling point better and easier to use is a bit of a challenge unless you are able to bring to the table functionality that takes much of the 'technical' stuff out of the users way to make use of it.

For users and developers this could be used very much so as a vehicle to do that (I know this for sure as I can see it immediately being used by users of one of our other products in ways that extend that products capabilities in big, big ways).
    People just need to be cool with it and work with us to help it become reality in that sense. It would be dead simple for developers to start using it pretty much immediately and I encourage them to get a hold of me to discuss this. That functionality alone is a product unto itself. It costs me money to implement and maintain, so I will have to work that out, but I think have a really solid method of taking a load off developers shoulders in more than a few ways and lead to greater sale of their tools in the process or even helping to standardize them commercial or freely available. This will likely require some form of cooperation from the LWG. But its a great way to make it work for everyone. Including them.

More details there will come but it most certainly will take a lot of the hassle out some of the operations I currently have to manage by hand over at Liberty3d.com. It's great that it can be extended in this way without a huge amount of heavy lifting on the part of developers of the product on our end.
    It's really wild. It's capable of quickly integrating new functionality almost as fast as I can come up with utilizing its basic components to do what it is normally supposed to do and through embracing how LightWave is designed and how it works, which in a way some say is a hindrance to it, (short sighted on their part) and realize... oh... not at all...! It is unique in the 3D world really in ways that it can be made to do things no other 3D application can, easily. From a certain point of view. This is in contrast with others including so called "standards of the industry" where to try and do similar things requires deep access and even still its really messy if not entirely impossible.

All in all, it is something that could really be helpful in ensuring the community has access to much needed solutions to common problems we've had for years. Once this phase is complete (which it is essentially, its just dialing everything in and beating the hell out of it while having to adapt it to the resources we have to work with which is already proving to lay in front of us some really innovative ways doing things) we move onto the next phase which is already built in a way, but I need to pay for it to be integrated into product but once that comes on line phase three begins along with some additional efforts in another aspect that compliments the whole kit and katboodle

I'm sure I'm going to get heckled at some point for being this enthusiastic and then "reveal" what this is in phase one, once its ready and sure to disappoint a few (because they are short sighted), but you know what? I don't care.
    The interesting part of the point to keeping certain things to myself and the development team working on this, is that it is important in keeping certain things hidden from those types of people because it will 1. drive them nuts. 2. that maybe they will one day have an epiphany and begin the process of getting over whatever it is they continue to drag around, like an albatross trying to tie it onto us. Perhaps some day they will realize the simple truth.

That LightWave's greatest feature is us. The community. The moment we start to leverage that, we can do things they can only dream of.

And that, is their biggest nightmare.

The greatest LightWave work around in history may just be what we can do together.

"I don't believe in the no-win scenario." - Admiral Kirk.
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    www.liberty3d.com

which in a way some say is a hindrance to it, (short sighted on their part) and realize... oh... not at all...!
    It is not the split that is the big catch, it is the > "having to program Modeler / Layout with different code"
    I believe they are working on it. How long it takes, no idea.

LightWave does have Gold Sparkles, after all, we are still here.
    [and this is coming from a guy who has looked a LOT into another unnamed great Free app, that, unfortunately, lacks certain Gold mines]

Last edited by erikals; 10-06-2019 at 04:53 AM.

MICHAEL CHAPMAN
    But what you really should be thinking about is how to do a scene as efficiently as possible, as quickly as possible, and as intelligently as possible. Much of what people think of as art is actually just the intelligent solution of technical problems.

Sure, but those are not the times we are referring to.

Take this for example, not a M / L issue, but a challenge never the less >
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...-wind-dynamics

That's what this forum mainly is for, solving challenges. And nothing wrong with that.

------------------

there are cool things in LightWave+, I love Advanced Placement for instance, Much better than [B] and its plugs.
    I could mention several other things I like about LightWave, but a certain "someone" here will chime in and rain on that parade.
    Last edited by erikals; 10-15-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Lightwave got lensflares in VPR, that got to count for something

Well...my biggest favourite with Lightwave....Procedurals, (I did loose some good ones though from simbiont, being only 32 bit..and not able to work in a shadersystem either)

But otherwise so many to choose from, and I can use them in almost any channel to drive most things..and I love the layered approach when I can acess that and combine with various modes, additive..for making slight curls on particles that initially have another motion vector etc, alpha modes..to use on fluids and produce varied height in a single go for cloud formations (though I still havenīt bought in to TFD) I can see the potential..but still much in it that I can not accept.
    procedurals to animate opacity in a displacement channel, making a heart pound expand and contract...or use audio files, use procedurals on fiberfx animation (though I canīt currently stand the fiberfx rendertimes)

Using the procedurals to deform landscape, same here..the ease of using various layered methods together with gradients allows for adjusting depth, raising plateous etc.
    Using procedurals with the new volumetric system, clouds look better than in 2015, and nebula stuff as well, creating some planets with volume atmosphere, through in a volumetric nebula some slight volume scattering and som stars that react to the volumetric scattering...space scenes must still be a joy to do in lightwave...so procedurals are One of the Goldmines (and Dpont) and that is something I really lack in my other favourite "free software"

The new stuff broke some stuff, or introduced workflows that wasnīt ideal..how we apply hypervoxels and somethings missing, I also miss the volumetric sprite volume mode for some very fast gas nebula lights, though using volumetric items in the end look more realistic..they obviously render much slower than that kind of Light with volume sprite, so always a trade of somewhere.

and still, if I compare to my favourite "free software" the structure of having camera, object, lights..directly available and always at the same place really helps getting the feel of a movie stage, wrestling with shader treeīs, outliners ..which could be full of things and you either need to scroll or filter to find your camera or light..and that changes as soon as you add new lights or cameras to the scene, it never does with Lightwave, so the structure and workflow on how to acess these "movie stage" items I something I really appreciate...and the same goes with the viewports, can choose layouts as I want in easy manner, each viewport can be set to desired type, and is scalable if I use quad views...with my other software it is all about shortcuts and guessing, or drag out new viewports to make that layout which Lightwave already has built in.

Always something missing and wishing for in various software, had I a need to choose a space scenery between these too, I probably would go with Lightwave, had I the need for a character rendering with hair, I wouldnīt choose lightwave...that is a little dissapointment since they implemented a new way of rendering the hair, but there is still time to improve the fiberfx.

Currently though...The split app deal, I like to model in modeler, but there are cases when the need for scene context creation and editing that I think is one of the major issues they need to deal with, creating splines in layout by drawing, not adding nulls and move around (though I think there was a spline draw tool plugin recently released) you do not always want the wind animation path, and sometimes you may want to lay out straight splines..within a city to create instanced items, vegetation, poles etc..and since the buildings could be of several models, you just can not do it in modeler..you have to do it in layout, and adding nulls and move around..is in my opinion to messy..itīs doable but not a smooth fast workflow, sure that placement plugin can help for some of that, but itsīnot the same thing.

So for me, the hair rendering, some fireflie issues, the fact that we still can not create points..edit draw splines in Layout, Particle vfx no fluid weight or particle weight emission, no volume mesh fill method for particles, and the lack of a proper sculpting tool(layout/ modeler(no metamorphic isnīt there yet) is the most frustrating for me.

The new volumetrics, the new materials, the new vdb tools is exciting..but needs improvements.
    Unity and unreal..havenīt even begun with that...I know, I need to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    and still, if I compare to my favourite "free software" the structure of having camera, object, lights..directly available and always at the same place really helps getting the feel of a movie stage, wrestling with shader treeīs, outliners ..which could be full of things and you either need to scroll or filter to find your camera or light..and that changes as soon as you add new lights or cameras to the scene, it never does with Lightwave, so the structure and workflow on how to acess these "movie stage" items I something I really appreciate...
    You can set it up similar to this if you want to have access to all cameras, lights and objects all the time. It is also faster as you don't have to choose cameras or lights, everything is present all the time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blender_2019-10-16_13-33-37.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	1,011.6 KB 
ID:	146146

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    You can set it up similar to this if you want to have access to all cameras, lights and objects all the time. It is also faster as you don't have to choose cameras or lights, everything is present all the time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blender_2019-10-16_13-33-37.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	1,011.6 KB 
ID:	146146
    perhaps..but sample in your image is in my opinion..too cluttered for my liking.
    and lights and cameras is present all the time as well in lightwave...the difference is that you made a custom ui to have all lights..all cameras..all items visible..I dont need that

it only makes it harder to direcly choose what main type with too much clutter..if I need cam 2 or light 2..i choose it in the list.

also..you need extra height..interfering.with the actual viewport space..lightwave has it more slick yet hardcoded

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    perhaps..but sample in your image is in my opinion..too cluttered for my liking.
    and lights and cameras is present all the time as well in lightwave...the difference is that you made a custom ui to have all lights..all cameras..all items visible..I dont need that

it only makes it harder to direcly choose what main type with too much clutter..if I need cam 2 or light 2..i choose it in the list.
    Ok, I'm not following what you want. But good for you that the structure in Lw is perfect, just keep using it and do awesome art.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast