Thread: FiberFX Weird Problem

FiberFX Weird Problem

I have a sequence I've been trying to render as a test...but it keeps stalling...not crashing, but stalling.

I've narrowed it down to one object..or rather one area..the object doesnt seem to make a difference....The sequence will render happily for a while, then
    hit a frame and will render 99% and just stay there... Its not a memory issue because I can select the frame before it, hit f9 and it renders fine...frame after it, renders fine... exampe.. 120 renders fine... 122 renders fine.... 121 stalls at 99% And its consistant. I can close the scene, reload and same frame..boom.

The area in question are eyebrows...

I started with Layout generated guides on subd'd polys....it stalled...so I converted the to poly chains and loaded them as a seperate object..seemed fine, but then stalled on a different frame...hmm... I had my fibersmooth at 3, so i reduced it to 1 and again it seemed to be working...render teh sequence..and discovered it stalled again.

I dont have any envelopes, weights or anything fancy on the eyebrow object or fiber settings. the polychain version has 804 guides and about 3300 edges.

Anyone have any insight what could cause the issue?
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

could it be the screen saver ?

i've had something similar.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

its a very simple scene..ground plane, figure, fiber objects... Deactivating the eyebrows allows the scene to go all the way.

Tomorrow im gonna remake the eyebrows so it has fewer guides...though I'm sure thats not the issue.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

Are you seeing memory shortage conditions around the time of the stall? That could explain what's going on. Perhaps leave a history-graphing memory monitor running while rendering to see if that's what is causing the stalls?
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

I did look at cpu and memory being used and there wasnt an issue that I could see. When it happens it consistant within the scene...meaning I can clear the scene, quit layout, start again, load the scene fresh...render that frame and it stalls...even vpr wont make it past the problem spots. But if I move to previous or next frame, all is fine.

I made a change to the eyebrows..and ran a minimal test..just them and the figure and it ran fine...i'll be reloading the scene in a bit to see if it runs through with all the clothes, etc.

Ans to answer your obvious question...yeah, it would bjork even with the other fiber objects disabled.

Is there a decent charting app to chart memeory? windows task managet kinda sucks
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube