Thread: Why is there no percentage in array tool in modeler anymore?

Why is there no percentage in array tool in modeler anymore?

also is there the old array in lw 2018? because the new one is slow as hell

Quote Originally Posted by dnch View Post
    also is there the old array in lw 2018? because the new one is slow as hell
    I do not perceive it as slow, but maybe I havenīt tried the same type of geometry as you do obviously..and if you have dense meshes.
    But In modeler you can change render mode to fast preview instead of using the normal preview, that should speed up things.

As for percentage, you would have a difficult time being exact in measurements if you only had that, I prefer unit settings, if I need percentage I would have to calculate it.
    You may also use the input value with a given unit , then * any kind of percent you need.

Blog Entries
    You can find the old array tool in modeler at Multiply>Duplicate>Array.

Added to what Prometheus said, you can perform your own percentage calculations by simply typing the mathematical expressions in any of the relevant numeric input fields and have LightWave work out the values as stated here

Yep its much slower with bigger geometry or lot of duplicates. I see the point of having multiple ways to measure the array, i have nothing against that (the old array had units too, but only the distance between duplicates), but i dont get why they removed the percentages tab, as it was quick and usefull

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I do not perceive it as slow, but maybe I havenīt tried the same type of geometry as you do obviously..and if you have dense meshes.
    But In modeler you can change render mode to fast preview instead of using the normal preview, that should speed up things.

As for percentage, you would have a difficult time being exact in measurements if you only had that, I prefer unit settings, if I need percentage I would have to calculate it.
    You may also use the input value with a given unit , then * any kind of percent you need.

yes i can calculate the percentage, but i would neet to know the exact size.. which is not dificult to get, but its more steps.. anyway thanks for pointing me to the old version of array

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazzy View Post
    You can find the old array tool in modeler at Multiply>Duplicate>Array.

Added to what Prometheus said, you can perform your own percentage calculations by simply typing the mathematical expressions in any of the relevant numeric input fields and have LightWave work out the values as stated here