Thread: Not able to YouTube stream

Not able to YouTube stream

I have a Tricaster Mini (running version 2-6-190506), purchased in early 2017, on a machine with Windows 7 Embedded. I stream through YouTube and the default browser is Internet Explorer 10. Google has made changes in its YouTube streaming and I am unable to initiate a new streaming session. A warning box pops up that says I should installed Internet Explorer 11.

I have installed all of the Windows updates available. I have attempted to install Internet Explorer 11 but it will not install on the old version of Windows 7 embedded (unable to identify the version number I have) and I don't see where I can update my OS to a more recent Windows 7 Embedded version.

I am at a standstill. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried this? Set up your stream in another browser. In your TC, set up a legacy stream with your YouTube information. Go to the browser in TC, get your stream key. Plug that in and initiate stream. Then go back to browser hit preview and then live. That is how I do it, unless something has changed in the last week.

Thanks, DStoneburner. I was directed to this page, https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...ng-to-YouTube-, which I think is the expand version of your directions. I'm doing a test right now and noting the differences between instructions and practical and noted one difference is I need to make the session live through the computer browser and not the TC. The last time I used the TC was in January so YouTube's recent change broadsided me.

Yeah, it's a couple of extra steps but works. I basically do the same thing when streaming to Facebook. Good luck.