Thread: TC460 AE2 with latest updade.

TC460 AE2 with latest updade.

We have had a issue that started coming up over the past week or so. First the system fans started roaring very, very loud. Then the video output which goes to a projector started flicking in and out and loosing sound into the system. Then on the past Tuesday, it started again and the complete system froze. A window at the top said the the control surface failed.

Talked to Tech on chat, They said due to the update that the fans are going to be very loud to keep the system cool. (I'm just not sure about that), They also have sent a update for the control surface which I will install tomorrow which came with 2 pages of instructions. Then try a new session to see what happens.

Maybe it is me, but to have an update that makes the fans roar so loud the even the mics are picking it up doesn't make since. Also the mics are 20 - 25 feet away. We did an email that live broadcast has the fan noise in it. Is it me or is it correct that the fans do that.

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    We downloaded the latest update (190802) but have not installed it yet.
    We do live broadcasts in small conference rooms quite often, so this would be an issue.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

I got the update for the control surface and installed as per instructions. I set up a new session, connected 5 cameras 4 direct and 1 via NDI, then brought in 4 videos for DR-1 and 6 Alpha channel thirds in DDR-2. Also set live broadcast and was recording Mix 1 internally and Mix 3 external HD. Plus video out to a projector via HMDI.

No more fan problems and control surface problems.

It would appear to me that the system with the new update was looking for something in the control surface that was not there and the update seemed to solve the problems.

Jeffhttps://forums.newtek.com/newreply.php?p=1578460&noquote=1

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkerry211 View Post
    No more fan problems and control surface problems.
    And that's what I love to hear!
    I guess I should be ready to ask for the extra control surface update if we do the install.
    Of course, we are using the OLD controller because it is so compact - I just hope it even works after the upgrade!

Great to hear you got your issue resolved.

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

We have an old 450 surface that we are using on our 460 AE2. That is why I think the update.

Very interesting. We have the same heat problem after AE2 update. I had to improve the air flow in the rack and add another fan. The freezing and crashing still occasionally happen. We are planning to sent the unit in for refurbishing. you're saying a control surface update fixes the problem????
    Is the update available on Newtek website and why have this not being said before. (As far as I know)

Not sure, tech support emailed me. But for us after testing it and letting it run and record for almost 2 hrs. had no fan problems or crashes.