Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "lw 8 first quarter 2004"

"lw 8 first quarter 2004"

i see that newtek have up dated the website and have a new offer for mac users to get lightwave 7.5 at 50% off rrp..this offer is good for first quarter 2004 as lightwave 8 shold ship then.

so looks as though a january release of lightwave 8 is not on the cards, more likely a march april release of lw 8 which is....well...could be better eh!

the good news is that by the looks of it most of lw8 is working now [via what we see in the preview videos] and the only thing i've heard is that dopesheet was buggy and crashing lightwave 8 in a december build shown at london before xmas 2003...so i hope they have nearly sorted that out by now.

i really hope lightwave 8 doesn't turn into a lightwave 6 saga where if i remember right lightwave 6 took ages to appear and when it did the romours of a "quadroped" capability were nowhere to be seen!....i'm hoping dopetack isn't the thing stoping the release and it gets pulled later on due to bugs for example..

would be noice to hear from newtek on the status of the beta version soon for all those who are eager to get hold of lw8.
    Last edited by cresshead; 01-06-2004 at 05:05 PM.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

i've already emailed chuck on my next point....see below

could artists who have pre paid for the update, get the beta version of lightwave 8 if it looks as though a march/april release is the more realistic relese date?

i'm just iching to get my hand on that "ik boost" capabilaity that was shown in august last year.

cheers

steve g
    stee+cat

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

I'll be real suprised if we see it before NAB.

maybe siggraph 2004?

no! only kidding!

as they've said before it'll be out when it's ready.
    not until....
    stee+cat

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Originally posted by cresshead
    maybe siggraph 2004?

no! only kidding!

not until....
    Don't you mean SIGGRAPH 2005?
    ImageReality.com

"Relax...it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed."

Late 2013 MacPro 12 Core

not until....
    Well...I'M READY NOW!!!!

If it is pushed back to feb or later, they HAVE to relase a fix for the graph editor.. I mean NOW!!!!

I doubt we will see it before march, unless they decide to release a beta.

I don't understand how they can sell 7.5 to Mac users when it doesn't work on Panther.

I looked at that special offer on their Web site and didn't see one mention of this. This is very unethical, to say the least.

Pixel realestate agent
    50% off for mac users?
    Whats the catch?
    Only available in USA?
    No upgrade to lw8?

Stuper Member
    In small print at the bottom of the page describing the offer-

"This offer includes LightWave version [7.5], Mac USB Dongle only.
    Free upgrade to version [8] is not included in this offer.
    This offer valid only in contenental USA."

maybe siggraph 2004?

no! only kidding!
    Maybe not. If Newtek were to comply with all the requests for tutorials, videos, unscheduled betas, etc., it could very well delay the release until next summer. All that stuff takes time, you know. TANSTAAFL.

If LW 8 does not ship by the 1st of Feb 2004, I have but one emotion to express..... ANGER.

I just looked at my e-mail from "Irene" at NewTek and it says I placed my order on 6/24/2003.

I realize and appreciate the copy of DFX+, but....... anything other than LW [8] on my computer by Feb 1, 2004 will be very disappointing.

If Q1 2004 means April 2004, then I feel they have made a bigger mistake than just releasing the product with bugs. Just my opinion, but that is how I will feel about it. I know I will get some backlash like I did when it looked obvious Q4 2003 was going to be missed, but I was right. And I have a terrible feeling I am going to be right about this too.

If it means getting [8] now, throw the buggy features out. Get them stable and put them in a point release.

JrSunshine

keep cool...we'll get some info from proton or chuck once macworld is over n done with.

i think near everyone would "prefer" to have lightwave 8 in their sweaty mits right now..but newtek have a great opportunity to boost lightwave's profile with a stable full featured application so if that mean's stretching out the release date into 2004..well they'll only have one chance to cause a stir and get some good reviews of lightwave 8 in the mags/online which could bring in a substantial amount of revenue and pave the way to hiring more talent for 8.5 etc...

we'll just have to grin n bear it for now!

at least no one here is shouting that lw8 looks like a half hearted effort..quite the oposite..most think that it rocks and are clamouring for it...something that most threads early last year were not being written about eh?

more like is lightwave doomed back then...so can you see how much newtek have turned this around from 2003?

they've worked really hard and it'll pay off soon no doubt.
    ...for all of us.

...."just wave"
    stee+cat

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Well I've been very polite with regards to the release of Lightwave 8 and have been very supportive of Newteks point of view but if we start talking March, April or later! for release I'm going to be more than a little angry they had my money since August 2003 and not delivered the product I have paid for.

I totally understand production/testing etc can slip (I'm a qualified application programmer) but if we are talking after the end of Feb some one really needs there arse kicking as they must be some pretty fundemental problems been found at the Beta testing stages. (which we have been told they are doing at present).

From a personal point of view I went without a hoilday last year to pay for this upgrade, I have had Inside Lightwave 8 preordered for my Birthday in October 2003 both of which I was sort of expecting around end of December 2003.

An estimate is an estimate as Chuck and others have already stated based on the information they have at that present second in time but to be out by months well I'm not going there at present as I'm sure we will be seeing Lightwave 8 soon
    Either Lead, Follow............. or get out of the Way!

You guys should be glad Microsoft doesn't make Lightwave, or you'd be waiting 'till 2009 !!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast