Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to install 4.0

Unable to install 4.0

I have used NDI tools for several years now and I have never had a problem installing any version. 4.0 is making me a little crazy. I have installed and deleted this several times, restarted computer several times. Upgraded nVidia drivers to the latest.

After installing I can click on the app and it looks like it is trying to start with a small spinning circle which disappears after a few seconds. Task manager shows nothing is happening. Windows 10 Geforce 1060

I would be grateful for any suggestions to try?

When you say 'click on the app', are you talking about the installer for NDI Tools or a specific tool in the package?

If it is NDI Tools installer, I wonder if it somehow became blocked on your system? Right click on the installer, and look to see if there is a 'unblock' option in the lower right corner of the window. If there is, then check this. Then try the install.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

All of the tools install. If I select any one of them and try to open them there is no joy!

Installed on a laptop and it worked fine. Task manager shows an NDI app running on the laptop. On my desktop that doesn't happen.

NDI Access manager works. It opens properly and it shows up in task manager as an app.

Having exactly the same issue. Access Manager runs but none of the other tools do.

(Actually, Virtual Input does but none of the others do like Test Patterns or Studio Monitor).

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Any 3rd party security software on these systems?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

For me, yes. It's my laptop so not an option to remove. This includes Adobe CC, MS Office and lots more.

Just did a sanity check and reinstalled 3.8. Worked fine.

Fritz
    Last edited by fgolman; 09-13-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Bitdefender, the free version. It does not give me any warnings that it is stopping any software. It has been in place and running through all versions of NDI that I have installed on this computer with no problems.

I will try turning it off and see if that makes a difference.

Turning off my anti-virus did not help. Any other ideas?

NewTek Engineering QA VideoEng QA's Avatar
    Hello,

We would like to get some additional information from the machines which are showing this behavior. Could someone who is running into this issue please do the following?

Install NDI Tools 4.0
    Attempt to launch one of the applications which is showing the problem.
    After the application fails to launch properly, click on the Start Menu and run Event Viewer.
    In Event Viewer, on the left hand side, click on the Windows Logs item to expand it.
    Under Windows Logs you should now see something named Application.
    Right click on Application and select Save All Events As...
    Name the file, and save it.
    Please send that file to [email protected]
    Note that the file may be too large to attach to an email, if you do not have a way to send that file to us then contact us at [email protected] and we will work out a way to get that from you

Thank you for your help.
    NewTek Engineering QA
    For bug reports, feature requests, or technical inquiries: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

Just sent you a copy of the Event log. Was only 3 MB so sent fine.

Please let me know the outcome on this or if you need further information.

Cheers!

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Sorry I am behind on this, just returned to this computer and I have sent the file. Only a few K since I deleted the previous error log.

Interesting reading the log: Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program NDI because of this error.

Initially I had tried to install from my google drive, so that may have something to do with this. I did reinstall from C: drive after that and I still have the problem.

Second log error:
    Faulting application name: Application.Network.StudioMonitor.x64.exe, version: 4.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d7a7b8b
    Faulting module name: Application.Network.StudioMonitor.x64.exe, version: 4.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d7a7b8b
    Exception code: 0xc000001d

I installed the software "normally" (EG, download installer and placed on C: drive). Same errors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast