Thread: TCXD300 - Shortcuts_cfg.xml Question

Question TCXD300 - Shortcuts_cfg.xml Question

Hello everyone! Iíve been a long-time lurker here, but havenít ever needed to ask a question of my own because the info found here has always been enough to work my way through any questions Iíve had.

This one is perplexing me though, and after reaching out to NewTek support, I was told that my best way to find an answer would be to ask here.

Iíve got a TCXD300 ó itís a machine that I bought personally to do some gigs around the community. Nothing intense, just using it to give back and support those around me by streaming events.

Iím essentially looking for a way to switch the input types via a keyboard commandóif I have 3x SDI inputs and 3xComponent inputs, I can essentially double my input sources. This works well with the mouse. Takes about 0-2 seconds to switch input types. But, I donít want to be locked into using a mouse.

In shortcuts_cfg.xml, I can see a pre-existing shortcut:
    <shortcut name=ďinputs_change_connection_typeĒ shortcut_type=ďvoidĒ />
    Followed by a comment that says this shortcut must be sent with a keyboard shortcut. When using the following key combo: alt+shift+[F1-F12]
    I can change the inputs of ALL the devices at once, but not individually.

Does anyone have any info on how/if this might be controlable toward individual devices? Iíve got the Macro Shortcut for this in newer tricasters already, but Iíd sure love to find a way to make it work, but understand there are always limitations, especially since this is some older hardware.

The shortcuts_cfg.xml contains all of the internal commands used inside the system by the user interface, but this isn't where the keyboard shortcuts are contained. I don't know where they are located or if they can even be modified, but it isn't that file.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Right. The keyboard shortcuts are editable in keyboard.xml, similar to LC-11.xml and the second LC-11 file.

Is that to say—there’s no way to accomplish what I’m trying to do without some form of a mouse software macro? There’s not some parameter that may be passable to the shortcut that can dedicate the command to a single output instead of all of them?
    Last edited by AdamKempenich; 09-13-2019 at 10:02 AM.