Thread: Can I ...??

Can I ...??

Can i use a logo on my output, but other logo on the Streaming out to Facebook or Youtube?
    Can i connect in TC1 over NDI and SDI progressive cameras (1080p60) and output on SDI interlaced video for others (1080i50)?
    Can i mix progressive and interlace cameras without to match frame rates?

Quote Originally Posted by kencee View Post
    Can i use a logo on my output, but other logo on the Streaming out to Facebook or Youtube?
    Yes, you would have to use a different output for each. For example MIX1 for the main output, and MIX2 for the streaming output. Depending on how you want this to work, you probably would cut the show inside a M/E, then use re-entry to feed that M/E into separate M/E's for logo overlays which in turn are send to the outputs of the system. M/E's can do everything that the main switcher bus can do. If you are getting a control surface with the system, the 2S would be the best option for this kind of workflow.

Can i connect in TC1 over NDI and SDI progressive cameras (1080p60) and output on SDI interlaced video for others (1080i50)?
    The TriCaster is not a standards converter between NTSC and PAL type formats. It will do it, but the results will not be what you would get from devices that are designed for standards conversion.

Can i mix progressive and interlace cameras without to match frame rates?
    Mixing progressive and interlace you can do. Mixing frame rates of the same video standard is supported (NTSC 24, 30, 60 or PAL 25, 50). If you try to mix the video standards together the results might be sub standard. On the flip side you will get something, most systems will give you nothing if you try to mix video standards.
    Last edited by kanep; 09-11-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi!
    Let say I have a camera 1080p60, I have a camera at 2160p25. Can then to mix it? The output how is? It depends from TC1 project? Then, if I make a 1080i50 can I use it? How do u recomand, better to be the output 2160 or 1080 (upscalling or downscalling)?

Hi!
    Let say I have a camera 1080p60, I have a camera at 2160p25. Can then to mix it? The output how is? It depends from TC1 project? Then, if I make a 1080i50 can I use it? How do u recomand, better to be the output 2160 or 1080 (upscalling or downscalling) and how is better the output frame rate 25 or 60?

It's not common (or desirable) to be mixing camera video standards in a production. There is no ability to change one camera's video standard to match the other? That's the correct solution.

What happens when mixing video standards? Frames will be duplicated or dropped to make one frame rate fit into the other. Honesty, I'm not sure what even happens to the audio if it is embedded in the same signal.

As for outputs, you can output up to two video formats out of the TriCaster at once if working in 1080p or lower resolutions. The two selections will be of the same video standard. If you are working in a 4K (2160p) session, then that is the format coming out of the back of the unit.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I only ask in advace...because let say i will jave a Birddog P200 camera (max resolution is 1080p60) and I will have Panasonic Ag-Ux90 camera (max 2160p25). How i connect them? What project i will open? Do I need to use the 4K camera in Hd format?! Thanks.

If working in PAL area, then keep all camera set to 50 or 25fps. The BirdDog P200 can do 1080p50 or 1080p25, so use one of those options rather than 60p to better match with the 4k25p of the Panasonic. That will work much better together than mixing standards.

http://www.bird-dog.tv/p200-techspecs/

VIDEO FORMATS
    1080p 60, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25
    1080i 60, 59.94, 50
    720p 60, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25

As for the Session to use in TC1 - unless you really plan to Output/Stream in 4K, I would recommend a 1080p50 or 1080p25 Session according to your needs. Even if the NDI source from Panasonic is 4K, it can be used in a 1080p Session and TC1 will scale appropriately to HD. A benefit of the 4K source is that by using an M/E you can pan-and-scan within the 4K source to get different framing of the HD image while utilizing all of the original 4K quality, meaning "zoom in" without losing quality, via TC1 interface without moving the camera.

Or just set the Panasonic to HD to match the P200. Depends on workflow.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Thank u for this informations. What do u recommand: better to buy a cheeper 4K camera (Panasonic AG-UX90) or with the same money a better FULL HD camera would be better. Let say I have for camera 2000-2500 USD. I see that u use Sony PMW-X70, do u recomand this for live productions or better Panasonic?

First, apologies - I was confusing the UX-90 with the CX-350, which is the new Panasonic 4K camera with built-in NDI, which the UX-90 does not have.

The X70 is a nice little camera...but is little. Which is good for handheld work, weddings and such. For filming events on a tripod, then a larger camcorder with more manual controls can be preferable. I have not used the UX-90, looks like a nice camera, but does not have the SDI output that X70 has. I cannot tell you which to get since I don't know the UX-90 myself.
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Thank u for reply.